Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Thank you

A few heartfelt thanks;

Pirelli - they've taken some flak, but the varying strategies produced some great on track action, and uncertainty in the result until the flag. Producing a tyre the FIA requested that hardly shows of the things they would like to advertise in their road products; endurance, efficiency etc, deserves credit. Thanks!

FIA - I shall bestow praise on them not once, but thrice. The DRS is golden (cue abuse). Secondly the movement of the activation line to half way rather than a third of the way down the straight made passing challenging, but possible. Finally, I wasn't in favour of P tyres, but they have chosen well.

My final thanks goes to the drivers. It's been a log time since I found myself wooping at the TV. Not just for the obvious passing moves from Lewis and Mark, but some seriously good race craft up and down the field. Vettel parking on the apex at the hairpin - masterstroke, Nico's spirited defence (with one arm tied behind his back), and countless others.

In short. What. A. Race.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Best thread I've seen in a while.

'Nuff said.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Yes. Interesting move on the DRS not using the entire straight. I'd like to see it as a standard length or based on some objective criteria but as the FIA is still learning here I'll let them off, for now.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    A few heartfelt thanks;

Pirelli - they've taken some flak, but the varying strategies produced some great on track action, and uncertainty in the result until the flag. Producing a tyre the FIA requested that hardly shows of the things they would like to advertise in their road products; endurance, efficiency etc, deserves credit. Thanks!

FIA - I shall bestow praise on them not once, but thrice. The DRS is golden (cue abuse). Secondly the movement of the activation line to half way rather than a third of the way down the straight made passing challenging, but possible. Finally, I wasn't in favour of P tyres, but they have chosen well.

My final thanks goes to the drivers. It's been a log time since I found myself wooping at the TV. Not just for the obvious passing moves from Lewis and Mark, but some seriously good race craft up and down the field. Vettel parking on the apex at the hairpin - masterstroke, Nico's spirited defence (with one arm tied behind his back), and countless others.

In short. What. A. Race.

{troll mode} It is just a farce! What type of race series has tyres that test the drivers skill and the team strategic knowhow? I mean who even decides that the race should be 56 laps? It's just a random number. This isn't racing, it's a lottery! {/troll mode}

I think todays Grand Prix was probably the best dry race I've seen since Japan 2005.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Couldnt agree more Sonic, absolutely brilliant race.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Yes. Interesting move on the DRS not using the entire straight. I'd like to see it as a standard length or based on some objective criteria but as the FIA is still learning here I'll let them off, for now.
    I think it'll be best if the DRS zone is catered to the track. I think tracks with massive long streights that have proved they can offer good racing dont need it for the whole length, whereas places like Monaco, Valencia and Hungary probably do.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Actually I'm fully on board with the flexible interpretation. My feeling is, the FIA looked at the data Friday evening and realised the attacking car would be past before the braking point, so they tweaked it. Assuming DRS survives into 2012 I would have no problem with them re-assessing all the activation points on a race by race basis again as the cars characteristics will have changed by next year and they may need to adjust the length of the zone accordingly.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    {troll mode} It is just a farce! What type of race series has tyres that test the drivers skill and the team strategic knowhow? I mean who even decides that the race should be 56 laps? It's just a random number. This isn't racing, it's a lottery! {/troll mode}

I think todays Grand Prix was probably the best dry race I've seen since Japan 2005.
    Is troll mode anything like 'smug mode'? Red dwarf reference.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Agreed. Great race made possible by the FIA tweaking the rules once more. Looks like they might have found the sweet spot for once!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    agreed= plenty of overtaking on the track-and the podium decided on the last lap. Well done to Pirrelli and the FIA- these rules might even make Abu Dhabi, Valencia, Barcelona and Monaco interesting this year.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Very good racing in the whole field today, no posititon was safe.