Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    So how do you get to Q3 whilst only using hard tyres?
    Would that not also mean you'd have to start the race on soft tyres too seeing as the fastest quali lap is what counts towards what tyres you start the race on?? You suggested Webber's method of starting the race on hard tyres and with plenty of soft's left to come through the field was the best method, but your explanation makes no sense Mia at all???
    Youre explanation is better than mine, ha, lets see in the next couple of races

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    So how do you get to Q3 whilst only using hard tyres?
    Would that not also mean you'd have to start the race on soft tyres too seeing as the fastest quali lap is what counts towards what tyres you start the race on?? You suggested Webber's method of starting the race on hard tyres and with plenty of soft's left to come through the field was the best method, but your explanation makes no sense Mia at all???
    Mark's team had calculated that he would get to Q3 , and would most likely have been correct , however , what they didn't calculate correctly was that he would have time to get around for that second fast lap on the primes .
    It wasn't so much of a hot lap , but a warm-up lap for the tires , that got him into the spot . The lap got him 18th , but was far from what he was capable of , had he been out early enough for the real hot lap , when the tires were ready .

I can see teams splitting strategies on this one .
    That is , until they know which tracks will rubber in well , and which won't with these skins .

And , with others on the same ride , Mark's strategy won't be nearly as effective , making a tour up to the front from way back far less likely .

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Mark's team had calculated that he would get to Q3 , and would most likely have been correct , however , what they didn't calculate correctly was that he would have time to get around for that second fast lap on the primes .
    It wasn't so much of a hot lap , but a warm-up lap for the tires , that got him into the spot . The lap got him 18th , but was far from what he was capable of , had he been out early enough for the real hot lap , when the tires were ready .

I can see teams splitting strategies on this one .
    That is , until they know which tracks will rubber in well , and which won't with these skins .

And , with others on the same ride , Mark's strategy won't be nearly as effective , making a tour up to the front from way back far less likely .
    I think RBR can make it to Q3 only using premium tires on any track and I´m not the only one, the word is out there on the whole net.