Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    The lesson is, use only ONE set of softs in quali no matter what.

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Its only a matter of time before all the top teams deliberately go slow to get knocked out in Q1
    So basically we'd end up with reverse grids - hey, if it gives us races like yesterday then I'd not be against it.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Its only a matter of time before all the top teams deliberately go slow to get knocked out in Q1, just so they can easily storm through the field like Webber did yesterday. Lets face it every track has identical characteristics, and all the teams will do identical pitstops to enable this to happen. lol.
    Wrong, and perhaps you know it. The trick is to quali in in Q3 with hard tires and then put one set softs on.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    The sarcasm detector seems to be faulty on the forum at the moment...
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I am ignorant of the regulations concerning tyre changes during quali. I would have selected soft tyres for Q1 and Q2, then switched to hard tyres for Q3 and subsequently race start, if this strategy is permissible, which would permit the car to be qualified somewhere in the top ten. However, if this is permissible, then other teams would also do the same. The trick is to start on the slower hard tyres and do as many laps as possible without losing too many places (massive blocking here); the switch to the softer faster compound for the remaining two stints. Webber was blocked massively at certain stages on his second sting, allowing him to go easy on tyres and fuel, thus giving him the best set of soft tyres with a late change for his final stint. This guy was making up around 3 seconds a lap on SchM and Rosberg at one stage, and the way he blasted past Bunsen and then left him behind on the final lap showed he still had a set of great tyres on the last lap.

I am sure that all teams will write new programs for their laptops (no!!! not iPads) to compute the best options for pitstops for future races factoring in tyre wear against track temperatures and where cars can lap fast and/or where they will be slowed by other cars. Here is where we need to send Daniel to the various teams disguised as Harpo Marx selling ice cream, so that he can come back to clue us in. :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Hamilton went longer in the middle stint which enabled him to have tyres that were 6 laps newer than Vettel. Lewis should get credit for managing his tyres in order for this type of strategy to work, which the drivers around him hadn't done to that degree. Rosberg was locking his wheels left right and centre and I don't really see how he can be compared in his race management to Lewis to be honest. Lewis wasn't the only driver who had a great race and it was nice to see Mercedes up there squabbling for points but the only drivers in the last 7 laps who were charging for a podium were Hamilton and Webber who clearly handled the conditions in the closing stages better than anyone else IMO. Webber had the advantage of his last stint being on soft's and McLaren had the advantage of making their soft's earlier in the race last longer than Red Bull.
    Before his last pit stop, Not accurate as to Rosberg. After Rosberg's last pit stop, that would be very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    I mentioned it.
    But I wuz first
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Webber or Hamilton
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I think Massa drove extremely well, and Schumacher had a terrific race. Hamilton and Webber are the obvious choices though.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    The winner 2
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hamilton because he won the race and Webber because he drove his best race for the season.. after his worthless Q1
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007