Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Finally some logic into this issue. The impact is large, but even larger by the Hamilton effect. Reno is been left with 0 top drivers while Mac has two of them.

Cheers
    David
    Take the pedal to the metal

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I disagree. I think his arrival, along with the signing of Hamilton, has reinvigorated McLaren. That might not have a direct effect on performance, but indirectly it has made a difference, just as Alonso's departure from Renault has had a negative impact on their motivation. They are not acting or talking like two-time champions, and their expectations seem to have taken a dive as well.
    Wrong and Wrong - did you read my post? Renault is struggling with the BS tyres, their car has always been designed totally differently compared to what the BS tyres require.

McLaren has been the opposite - they have gained from BS tyres, and this years rules.
    Alonso has nothing to do with it, its not like he has suddenly told the engineers how to design a better car (besides that, he has only tested for a very little time, not enough for any driver to have an impact). Those are facts.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Wrong and Wrong - did you read my post? Renault is struggling with the BS tyres, their car has always been designed totally differently compared to what the BS tyres require.

McLaren has been the opposite - they have gained from BS tyres, and this years rules.
    Alonso has nothing to do with it, its not like he has suddenly told the engineers how to design a better car (besides that, he has only tested for a very little time, not enough for any driver to have an impact). Those are facts.
    Arrows did not say that Alonso designed the car. He said that a World Champion coming into the McLaren team could have raised the usually damp morale at McLaren. Likewise as the interview with Briatore suggests, his departure demoralized members of Team Renault. Tires may play a big part but you can't say that Alonso has absolutely nothing to do with the way things turned out this year.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akv89
    Arrows did not say that Alonso designed the car. He said that a World Champion coming into the McLaren team could have raised the usually damp morale at McLaren. Likewise as the interview with Briatore suggests, his departure demoralized members of Team Renault. Tires may play a big part but you can't say that Alonso has absolutely nothing to do with the way things turned out this year.
    How do you know what the morale at McLaren was?
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    renault have never really been the fastest team. the last two seasons they have been strong at the start. then been on damage limitation for the rest of the season. i think this year now without alonso they dont have a driver who can deliver the maximum. and that is their biggest problem.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    How do you know what the morale at McLaren was?
    I was referring to the robotic way in which things worked in McLaren under the leadership of Ron Dennis. But why don't you ask that question to Kimi Raikkonnen or Juan Pablo Montoya?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I disagree. I think his arrival, along with the signing of Hamilton, has reinvigorated McLaren. That might not have a direct effect on performance, but indirectly it has made a difference, just as Alonso's departure from Renault has had a negative impact on their motivation.
    Morale won't make a difference regarding reliability if I might disturb your logics.
    What they needed was technical knowledge and it seems they got some.

Maybe Newey leaving had a positive effect on McLaren's technical team!

As for Renault, they struggle with the tires, and that does have little to do with Alonso, and a lot with Bridgestone.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I was referring to the robotic way in which things worked in McLaren under the leadership of Ron Dennis.
    Did Ron leave McLaren and Alonso took his place? I really thought I've seen Ron there yesterday as team principal.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Morale won't make a difference regarding reliability if I might disturb your logics.
    What they needed was technical knowledge and it seems they got some.
    I disagree, morale makes a great deal of difference. Skillful technicians need to be motivated enough to work hard and reflect their potential in order to build a winning car. You will recall that motivating the team was one of Schumacher's biggest assets.
    It is also true that technical knowledge is important. I dont know how much Alonso has, but Garry Walker seems to think he has none and that is why I never brought up the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Did Ron leave McLaren and Alonso took his place? I really thought I've seen Ron there yesterday as team principal.
    Of course Ron Dennis is still principal, c'mon ioan I thought you would have known that :. What McLaren didn't have is a World Champion. And with Alonso now in their team, I can't believe when someone says that it didn't make the slightest amount of difference in the way the members of the McLaren team think

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    What McLaren didn't have is a World Champion. And with Alonso now in their team, I can't believe when someone says that it didn't make the slightest amount of difference in the way the members of the McLaren team think
    Alonso to McLaren did not affect this year's car design or reliability for that matter, not for now anyway.

Also McLaren and RD won't change their way because of FA, he will change his (see haircut change already : ).