Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchote
    He didn't have a good race. Neither did a very experienced driver like DC. No big deal.
    DC made one stupid move, HK went off the track at least 4 times. I would say DCs race was much better.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Heikki lost a lot of valuable track time earlier due to mechanical problems. That might have cost him some in qualifying and that affected his race performance as well.

But sure enough he could have done beter in the race. But to be fair, Fisi only managed to get up one place in the race. So maybe the Renault in race in trim is not the machine either.

Whatever the case, I'm sure he will improve over time.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    I would say DCs race was much better.
    Did he finish the race after almost decapitating Wurz?
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    Did he finish the race after almost decapitating Wurz?
    No, but did he go off the track 4-5 times like an idiot and got totally outperformed by his teammate?
    "signature room for rent"

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    No, but did he go off the track 4-5 times like an idiot and got totally outperformed by his teammate?
    Once was enough for DC to look idiot.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DC made one stupid move, HK went off the track at least 4 times. I would say DCs race was much better.
    comparing F1 experience, HK race was "bad but ok for a rookie", DC race was "what an idiot"
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Heikki's admitted that "I didn't have a great race: there were too many mistakes, and my performance just wasn't controlled enough" and that just about sums it up, but he's a good driver and we'll see better from him as the season goes on.
    Exactly. It happens to the best of them... just a shame it was his first one that's all... I guess we need a bit more time to see what he is or isn't capable of...

but then I may be biased because I think he's just lovely
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He will get better, im sure of it, but he was wreckless, and suffered because of it.

Still cant quite believe that Flavio slagged him off after the race, theres still an entire season to go yet Flav :
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    He didn't have a good race and Hamilton's performance makes him look that much worse. Give the lad a chance though. The Renault is, at best, the 4th best car out there at the moment so he's not going to be able to match Hamilton's performances even without the mistakes.
    I disagree, did the Renault suddenly loose all its power over the winter. From what I understand, the car is essentially the same with a few modifications that should bring it up to par with the rest. It is funny how after the first race a bunch of you guys are blaming the machine for the perfromance. I put the blame squarly on the two drivers, oone is completely inexperienced and the other a solid 2nd tier driver. What where they thinking.

I bet you if you put these two in the Ferrari or McClaren, that you would see just about the same result. Conversely if you put Alonso and Haliton or Raikkonen and Massa in the Renault, you would see much better performances.

Perhaps Heikke wasn't as prepared to be in top flight F1 as everyone suspected (and piped him to do better than Hamilton) It is one thing to drive around for 30 laps with a mandated fuel stop, it is quite another thing to push a car to its limit, for 60 laps and maintain absolute conentration. With everyone just as quick and talented. Constant pressure from behind and pressure to pass the cars in front of you deemed inferior ( i.e. the toyotas, Webber's RBR, etc... and no doubt instructed to do so over the radio)

Hamilton is already there and seems well prepared for the rigors and pressures of F1, but he's a phenom. Kovaleinen isnt there yet. Rosberg is just coming around, Kubica is probably there. I think Piquet Jr. might already be there.

Renaults is not a good, but great car, unfortunately they can't drive themselves. I bet you Webber would have done a great job with them, this year!
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    It was by no means an impressive debut for Kovalainen, but to write-off his Formula One credentials after one race is nigh on ridiculous. Time for a little perspective, I feel.