Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    Remember also, that it was the first race for him in almost 1,5 years. testing is never the same as racing. So give him a couple of races to get ito the rythm and he will show what he is capable of
    It may take a race or two...before he again is confortable on the starting grid. His BBC Motorsports column shows maturity and an understanding beyond his years !!!

I hope he does well with Renault... they surely need a Driver !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    It's not a question of arrogance IMO, although it is a question of aggressiveness to a degree. You don't have to be an arsehole (I'm guessing that's what "nonce" means) to be successful in F1. But you do have to be tough. Very tough. In a manner of speaking, the really top F1 drivers are alpha-males and the question every race is supposed to answer is: who is the alphaest of the alphas.

There is no place at the very top of the game for wussies, really. No matter how fast they are.

That means, there is no real place for the likes of Fisichella, Trulli, Barrichello, Button...

Now, it's very easy for me to add Kovalainen to the above list. He seems like the same sort of guy - very fast but not tough enough.

But, of course, it is too soon to judge. Let's see what the future brings.
    Yes I do see you're point. Most definitely with the examples you made too. But again, Hamilton seems like a down to earth and nice young chap.. yet his competitiveness and drive on the track had an edge in his first race that perhaps Heikki lacked.

Like you said, I guess we'll see.
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jas123f1
    However it was interesting and shows that be rookie in F1 is not that easy what people sometimes believe.

Indeed, there seems to be this belief that it is easy to step up into F1 which clearly isn't the case.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!