View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Race ?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kimi

34 29.06%
  • Hamilton

64 54.70%
  • Massa

9 7.69%
  • Rosberg

10 8.55%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hamiliton, looks like he has been driving that car for ages
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Kimi did fine, many people have problems adjusting to a new team and a new car which supposedly "isn't designed for them" (Rubens last year?). Kimi just showed that a real racer is quick from the get go.

Hamilton though, was the class of the field. Never raced in F1 before, just 22 years of age, never raced in Albert Park, and he just matched his double WDC teammate and got himself a podium. That counts for something a little extra ordinary in my book.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hamilton, of course.

Kimi won, but you'd expect that especially given the pace of the Ferarri. Massa's charge through the field was class, but I can't help thinking he should have despatched the Hondas far earlier.

Alonso's drive was top notch, but what else would you expect from a double World Champion?

So Lewis it is. If you didn't know, you'd never have guessed that was his debut race.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    and Ant. He was still in the car, two laps down, racing with a serious amount of back pain. Deserves a mention maybe for the wrong reason I accept but even so.....and Nico was hot.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lewis without a shadow of doubt. First GP, never raced on the circuit before, matched 2x WDC in quali and race and finished on the podium. Absolutley stunning peformance.

Honourable mention to Kimi for winning on his debut with Ferrari.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    What the Brock said
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hamilton is a big surprise but not as good as Kimi.
    -_-|||

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman

Hamilton, of course.

Kimi won, but you'd expect that especially given the pace of the Ferarri. Massa's charge through the field was class, but I can't help thinking he should have despatched the Hondas far earlier.

Alonso's drive was top notch, but what else would you expect from a double World Champion?

So Lewis it is. If you didn't know, you'd never have guessed that was his debut race.

I agree 100% - Kimi was the fastest driver in the fastest car, you would expect him to win. Massa could have finished higher but like you say, he wasted too long behind the Hondas.

Hamilton did a superb job, just behind the two best drivers in the world! Credit should also go to Heidfeld and Kubica for their performances and as fousto says - Nico Rosberg.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Massa wasn't extremely impressive. It is true that 22nd to 6th is quite a performance but he had a car that could have been able to even challenge for the podium. The reason I say this is because of Massa's pace throughout the race, even when he had a clear track ahead of him. For example, there were times around lap 40 when he had a clear track and was going at a pace that was 3 to 4 seconds slower than Raikkonen's. Kimi's fastest lap was 1:25.235, more than a second faster than second place Alonso. On the other hand, Massa's fastest lap was only the 8th fastest lap in the race at 1:27.044. I didn't hear Massa say that he had any problems with his car during any of his interviews, that would explain his lack of pace.
    That said, my driver of the race is Hamilton. First race, first time at Albert Park, and he comes 3rd and even outraces the double world champion on occasion.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    double post