Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    I doubt the teams bad decision to run hards was an act of sabotage in itself although I confess I had thought that they were using every means possible to screw Mark over previously.
    As has been said why would they intentionally sabotage Mark to the extent that he is left so far down the grid possibly jeopardising their chances of winning the constructors championship?.. It just doesn't make any sense.
    Because if you're a bit of a conspiracy theorist then it doesn't make sense for Webber to have made a bad call and have ruined his own race. I mean who can honestly think of any idea why Webber might want to save a set of softs for the race
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    running hards in Q1 was simply a poor team decision Imo.
    And we have to admit that with Ferrari we have many precedents of that
    Formula 1

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Link?
    There was brief interview/chat with Horner just after qualis on TV.

Edit: Here we go:

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/46312.html

"It was the team's call because it looked that another set of primes should have been enough, [judging by] the pace we saw in the car this morning with Mark's short amount of running," he added. "It should have been enough to comfortably make it through, but with the tyres not being up to temperature it obviously compromised him. He's just had rotten luck this weekend but I'm sure he can race very well from there."

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Add to it the fact that on his second run he only had time for his out lap and one hot run...... On hards.....? Teams should know that you need a second lap on hards to get them working properly. Either very bad mismanagement or they just didn't think they would need to run again but after seeing the times decided to send him out. If that was the case and he only had time for one hot lap should have been softs.

Anyway, all coulda shoulda woulda. Webber starts from P18 with a car that may or may not have kers.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Mark Webber: “The timing was the problem, not the tyre…”

And...
    Quote Originally Posted by &quot
    "It's been a rotten day for Mark today," added Horner. "This morning he had an electrical issue and then a massive effort from the entire crew, including the mechanics from Sebastian [Vettel's] car to get the car ready for qualifying.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    I'd say that it's Webber's fault, and his alone. Vettel went 8 tenths faster than Webber in Q1 on hard tyres. You could blame the team for Webber's demise, but ultimately, it was him who didn't put in a good lap.
    All right, I didn't know about the problems with his car, so I'm going to withdraw this.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    HIS miserable showing?
    Yep. Or does his record since Brazil, when he was very vocal and asking for the team to support only him for the WDC, look stellar to you?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It certainly looks like the team is using everything available to support him, he even gets Vettel's mechanics to work on his car. I
    Now 'm looking forward to some die hard fans telling us that Vettel's mechanics were only sabotaging Webber's car.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    And we have to admit that with Ferrari we have many precedents of that
    Nah, Ferrari were just trying to screw their drivers all the time.
    And also McLaren did the same in the. I tell you F1 teams are not in it to win races, just to play games with their own drivers.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Now 'm looking forward to some die hard fans telling us that Vettel's mechanics were only sabotaging Webber's car.
    Well of course they were.