Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

R/Bull and M Webber.

I believe the Web is being royally shafted by red bull, not only because Horner has been undermining him with references to the possibility of signing Hamilton, but more importantly Web's car seems to have constant problems during a race.

Today, the Vet's car had Kers at the start, Web's failed at the start, after Vet pushed out to a decent lead he radioed in asking if he should use his Kers the answer Negative-negative-negative (Why? it was working wasn't it?) after all up until that radio message he didn't complain it wasn't working.

At that point all the other teams informed their drivers that R/B' had a KERS failure, that was of course until Hamilton was closing on Vet and R/B needed to change Vets tyres, at that point Vets Kers miraculously began to function again, and he put in several fast laps changed tyres and got back out still in the lead, whilst Web was circulating with over 30 kilos of useless extra weight.

This is the second race that I have smelt a rat with regard to R/B and Web, if similar things just seem to happen again in China it will confirm it my worst suspicions, and that is R/B are giving preference to Vet, to such an extent they are willing to actively sabotage Web's race.

PS I am quite aware I will be accused of being a conspiracy theorist, my answer is just look at the facts, then watch the post race interview with Web on the BBC.

Regards scaliwag.
    loloaqici82qb4ip?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It is resembling the eerie problems which sometimes Barrichello had in Ferrari. But is it and, in the case of RB, was it just an ill fortune or hint of something more sinister? The truth is that we'll never know.
    Formula 1

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Huh, possibility of signing Hamilton? : That was just when McLaren was struggling in winter tests and journalists started asking questions. So Horner answers to them and makes some fun. Now to reality - Hamilton will stay in McLaren for 2012, no question.

When Webber had zero car failures last year at RBR, people were still complaining about "favouring". Whatever is happening, nothing will silence the sceptics. All in all - RBR may concentrate more on Vettel, but suggestions of sabotage are on most occasions indeed nothing more than conspiracy theories. There is WCC to play for as well. And in terms of pace Vettel would have beaten Webber also without those car problems, so what's the benefit?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    It is resembling the eerie problems which sometimes Barrichello had in Ferrari. But is it and, in the case of RB, was it just an ill fortune or hint of something more sinister? The truth is that we'll never know.

F, cant disagree with your analysis, the only difference I can see is that at Ferrari they were quite open about their preference of a first and second driver, however R/B have always insisted they give equal treatment, and equal machinery to both drivers, I believe they did last year, however my feeling is that has changed this year.

BTW I understand Web was resigned for one year only, whilst Vet has resigned for several years, if true why would that be?

Regards scaliwag
    loloaqici82qb4ip?

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scaliwag
    F, cant disagree with your analysis, the only difference I can see is that at Ferrari they were quite open about their preference of a first and second driver, however R/B have always insisted they give equal treatment, and equal machinery to both drivers, I believe they did last year, however my feeling is that has changed this year.

BTW I understand Web was resigned for one year only, whilst Vet has resigned for several years, if true why would that be?

Regards scaliwag
    So do you think that with McLaren snapping at their heels in terms of raw pace yet managing to conserve their tyres better Red Bull would try to slow Webber and sacrifice their WCC to make some kind of point? How many millions of dollars do you think are involved?

Webber has had problems especially conserving his tyres. He also had a suspension problem in Oz. Over more races he'll do better. There is no conspiracy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Huh, possibility of signing Hamilton? : That was just when McLaren was struggling in winter tests and journalists started asking questions. So Horner answers to them and makes some fun. Now to reality - Hamilton will stay in McLaren for 2012, no question.

When Webber had zero car failures last year at RBR, people were still complaining about "favouring". Whatever is happening, nothing will silence the sceptics. All in all - RBR may concentrate more on Vettel, but suggestions of sabotage are on most occasions indeed nothing more than conspiracy theories. There is WCC to play for as well. And in terms of pace Vettel would have beaten Webber also without those car problems, so what's the benefit?
    Jens, thanks for the reply, however true to form you don't refute my post with any facts, you just use the strawman reply.

people were still complaining about "favouring". Whatever is happening, nothing will silence the sceptics. All in all - RBR may concentrate more on Vettel, but suggestions of sabotage are on most occasions indeed nothing more than conspiracy

Ok who were the people complaining about "favoring"? and who are the skeptics you enter into your post? please give us a link.

And in terms of pace Vettel would have beaten Webber also without those car problems, so what's the benefit?

Ok, What do you base that statement on, please give us a link, because that statement is nothing more than supposition on your part, if the Web had the same machinery as Vet we could have witnessed a race between equals, let the best man win, but we didn't because Web was loaded with 30 extra kilos of useless of weight.

Regards scaliwag
    loloaqici82qb4ip?

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    People complaining about favouring can be found from various threads during 2010, as you probably were around at that time.

Okay, I suppose Vettel would have beaten Webber, because firstly he outqualified him (this does certainly make things easier) and also Webber seems harder on those vastly deteriorating tyres, having made one more pitstop than Vettel both in Australia and Malaysia.

What kind of facts would you like? Any kind of sabotaging theory is far from facts anyway.

As for the lengths of contracts - well, Vettel is much younger and has many more years left in him. Button got also longer contracts than Barrichello in Honda. Webber got a 2-year-deal for 2007, while DC got only a 1-y-deal IIRC. And so on. Signing up Webber until the end of 2014 like they have done with Vettel wouldn't make much sense at this moment.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scaliwag
    Jens, thanks for the reply, however true to form you don't refute my post with any facts, you just use the strawman reply.
    Where are the facts in a conspiracy theory?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    2 races in and we're already saying that Webber is being shafted by RB, if after 2 races the pendulum swings around will we be saying that Vettel is being shafted?

Wake me when it's 3 or 4 races to go.......
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    2 races in and we're already saying that Webber is being shafted by RB, if after 2 races the pendulum swings around will we be saying that Vettel is being shafted?

Wake me when it's 3 or 4 races to go.......
    Exactly. I have no doubt that Vettel better represents the sort of driver Red Bull as a company would rather see winning in one of its cars, and that this manifests itself in certain ways, but some of the accusations seem far of the mark.