Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Well, Even though I like massa, Webbers move was quite brave and good.
    Nothing to do with Massa, the pass was done on the inside of turn 2.

No KERS, but I guess in Webbers case that is always irrelevant.
    KERS is not engaged at the very beginning otherwise it would only contribute to wheels spin, and Webber was very very slow of the line, but I guess that physics is not relevant when it comes to talking rubbish, eh?!

BTW Webber is a rather mediocre starter, just check the average of his starting performance.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Nothing to do with Massa, the pass was done on the inside of turn 2.

KERS is not engaged at the very beginning otherwise it would only contribute to wheels spin, and Webber was very very slow of the line, but I guess that physics is not relevant when it comes to talking rubbish, eh?!

BTW Webber is a rather mediocre starter, just check the average of his starting performance.
    The reason why Webber was on the inside for turn 2 was that he was very brave braking to turn 1 and dared to go round the outside of Massa, it was a good move.

As for Webbers start, he didnt have a great getway, but then when everyone used KERS, they just flew past him. I am guessing for you that is irrelevant and lack of KERS didnt have any effect. That is funny, because the only reason Red Bull had KERS on was to help them with the start, they never meant to use it during the race.
    But I know after last years turkish GP that some people would blame Webber even if meteorite hit his car and it is not worthwhile debating about it.

Do you have stats for his starting performances, Id love to see them?
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    The reason why Webber was on the inside for turn 2 was that he was very brave braking to turn 1 and dared to go round the outside of Massa, it was a good move.

As for Webbers start, he didnt have a great getway, but then when everyone used KERS, they just flew past him. I am guessing for you that is irrelevant and lack of KERS didnt have any effect. That is funny, because the only reason Red Bull had KERS on was to help them with the start, they never meant to use it during the race.
    But I know after last years turkish GP that some people would blame Webber even if meteorite hit his car and it is not worthwhile debating about it.

Do you have stats for his starting performances, Id love to see them?

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Daniel - what is an undonkey? Can't we go back to driver/drive of the day?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Daniel - what is an undonkey? Can't we go back to driver/drive of the day?
    if you post the thread first next time you can Everyone else seems to have the hang of it?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Sure sure, Webber is an impressive 2nd driver, I agree as I know that you only support him due to your hatred for Vettel.

As for Webbers start, he didnt have a great getway, but then when everyone used KERS, they just flew past him.
    Lack of KERS does not mean you end up 10th from starting 3rd as long as you manage to get the car rolling as it should.

BTW Alonso had KERS and what not and he still lost tons of places both today and 2 weeks ago, how would you explain that, huh?!

Bottom line Webber got off the line very slowly and if you check his onboard footage you will see where the problem was, by the time he should have used KERS (around the 100kmh mark) Button and at least both Ferrari's had overtaken him.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Nick Heidfeld: fantastic start and cool headed, commanding final stint on worn tyres.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Agreed on all. Kobay was just mega today. Two stops but spent his whole race on a charge.
    Heidfeld and Kobayashi today did it for me.

I'm really curious as to what the paddock make of Kobayashi. I rate him and clearly a lot of fans do. Sauber adore him but I don't hear many other team staff talk about him. I hope he doesn't end up like Fisichella and end up being passed over for the very best seats because I'd love to see him in a top drive one day.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Nick, Jenson and Koba.

Hope Nick will get a win soon.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan H
    Heidfeld and Kobayashi today did it for me.

I'm really curious as to what the paddock make of Kobayashi. I rate him and clearly a lot of fans do. Sauber adore him but I don't hear many other team staff talk about him. I hope he doesn't end up like Fisichella and end up being passed over for the very best seats because I'd love to see him in a top drive one day.
    Well Fissi did end up in a car that won the WDC - twice, so he wasn't all that hard done by, but I know what you are saying. Let's hope the big guns are watching.
    All other opinions are wrong....