Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Poor Lewis - they are screwing with him already...
    --==MIKKO==--

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I have to admit that he had a damn good weekend.

I don't think we should too carried away. Jean Alesi nearly beat Ayrton Senna in a Tyrrell very early in his career and Alex Wurz had a podium in only his third race. Neither guy had or has had, a great career.

JV's career started just like Hamilton's has done and though JV had much success early, his career finished on a very sour note.

So, all-in-all, good job lad but there's a bloody long road ahead of you.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I don't think we should too carried away. Jean Alesi nearly beat Ayrton Senna in a Tyrrell very early in his career and Alex Wurz had a podium in only his third race. Neither guy had or has had, a great career.

JV's career started just like Hamilton's has done and though JV had much success early, his career finished on a very sour note.
    It's also worth remembering how impressive Rosberg was in his first race last year, and how dismal the rest of his season was.

A lot will depend on everybody keeping their feet on the ground.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Outstanding. He looks like he was born to race and win in F1. The finest F1 debut I've seen. Lewis Hamilton has confidence without arrogance, an ability to learn, and the ability to apply what he's learnt very quickly. Sheer class

I agree we shouldn't get carried away, but Lewis Hamilton certainly won't. Although he'll probably suffer setbacks during the course of the season, and with all due respect to the likes of Alesi and Wurz, this guy is a class above them and is in the best possible place to make the most of all the talent he has.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He is a real deal. Great performance and surely a great future ahead of him. It will be very interesting to watch Alonso vs Lewis battles this year. Everybody were talking about Kimi vs Massa before the season...But it seems like Kimi will destroy Massa (as I expected) and Lewis will really challenge Alonso (and that is a complete surprise for me!).
    - Sinun paras ottaa sanomalehti mukaan, sillä kärjessä tulee olemaan tylsää.
    Red Bull -tallin Mark Webber vihjasi Kimi Räikköselle ennen Australian GP:tä. 19.3.2007.

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I agree we shouldn't get carried away, but Lewis Hamilton certainly won't.
    I'm not so sure about that... Listening to his interviews for the first time this weekend, I got the feeling that he is actually far more vulnerable than most people seem to think.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brilliant, but not surprising, Lewis has looked the real deal for a while now, that move on the first lap was just perfect.

He has a great future ahead of him
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    For someone who watched most of GP2 in 2006, this was no big surprise, but even I, a big LH fan, didn't expect him to get on the podium on his debut and challenege a double WDC. Even JV's start wasn't this good.

This kid is the real deal, watch him closely. He is no Roseberg, he is no AW, This is LH and he has overnight become Britain's no.1 GP driver. It will only be a matter of time until his first WDC.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    It's also worth remembering how impressive Rosberg was in his first race last year, and how dismal the rest of his season was.
    But Lewis is in a team and a car that should remain at the top all season, Rosberg wasn't - but as long as he stays near the front, he should have a strong career. I admit we shouldn't get carried away, I can only imagine what's in the UK press this morning!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    I must admit that I was a bit sceptical about how he would perform this season, but I have been very impressed by how he has performed and I hope that he can keep it up.
    Time is the enemy.