Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dyslexia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Jackie Steward is dyslexia. Not done too badly!
    leftfootbraking.com
    brake to steer
    where there is a shark, there is a finn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pentti
    Yes, he's severely dyslexic. Dyslexic people tend to develop strategies to minimise the effects of dyslexia in their everyday life. They can be very resourceful and ingenious people.
    Flonkkkk.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline
    Yes, he's severely dyslexic. Dyslexic people tend to develop strategies to minimise the effects of dyslexia in their everyday life. They can be very resourceful and ingenious people.
    its also a variable thing, many are called dyslexic that in reality have very little to overcome, others like Jackie are much worse, I know a lad who is never affected except for exam time when he gets more time thanks to his 'aflection'.........
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i only found out i was dyslexic when i was 21, in a way i'm glad i never knew as a kid as i may have used it as an excuse for doing badly.

But i'd have prefered that to being called lazy and lacking effort!

But when i found out i was dyslexic i got some help in a few important areas that have really improved.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Whilst on the topic, how do they test for dyslexia?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I navigated for a couple of guys who would quite often set the car up to go the wrong way at intersections. I got around it by saying 'other left' or other right' when I felt the car being setup the wrong way for the corner. They got a bit worried because usually when I said it, my head was down.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you go through a series of tests involving reading writing and visual skills. This like reading articles and then being asked questions on it, writing a paragraph of you own choice, reading speed tests, visual tests on remebering items on cards to test short term memory. Basic numeric tests. Co-ordiation tests. telling the time of an anologue clock! and many other things i've forgotten about!

The last test I had took two hours and at then end i felt pretty stupid at how bad i was at some of the tasks!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaster
    you go through a series of tests involving reading writing and visual skills. This like reading articles and then being asked questions on it, writing a paragraph of you own choice, reading speed tests, visual tests on remebering items on cards to test short term memory. Basic numeric tests. Co-ordiation tests. telling the time of an anologue clock! and many other things i've forgotten about!

The last test I had took two hours and at then end i felt pretty stupid at how bad i was at some of the tasks!

These are interesting. What country are these tests done in? I am a teacher in New Zealand and we have no specific tests for it, as it is very difficult to determine whether the child has dyslexia or another learning difficulty.

Dyslexia is most common in males, just as a point of interest
    RIP Malcolm ;( Hope you have an audi quattro up there.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pentti
    So is Paul Stewart, to whom the same applies.