Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    this all comes down to truth in advertising
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    Some interesting pics here, but still no explanation!

http://translate.google.com/translat...agione-2011%2F (Italian -English translation)
    great article
    so if it is clear that the wing flexes and it is against the rules, then why isn't the FIA saying/doing something
    Just because it passed your stupid test doesn't mean they test isn't flawed or the team did not find away to cheat around it.

I find it strange that the FIA DQ's sauber for some ridiculous and nonessential wing issue, but yet do nothing about the clearly and demonstrably advantageous illegal flexi wing from RBR. The whole world can see that the wing contravenes the rules,but the fIA obviously have an RBR blind spot.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    great article
    Yeah, impressive pile of rubbish in that article.
    They are comparing RBR cars from different years and make a point with it?!
    Also comparing stills of RBR and MCLaren front wing without us having the slightest idea if both cars were under acceleration or maybe one of them was already braking.

An article that cherry picks images to suit their bias is not worth being called great.

Or maybe suddenly some armchair experts know better than 10 F1 teams.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Yeah, impressive pile of rubbish in that article.
    They are comparing RBR cars from different years and make a point with it?!
    Also comparing stills of RBR and MCLaren front wing without us having the slightest idea if both cars were under acceleration or maybe one of them was already braking.

An article that cherry picks images to suit their bias is not worth being called great.

Or maybe suddenly some armchair experts know better than 10 F1 teams.
    Apart from denigrating that blog post what exactly is your point? That actually the Red Bull wing isn't running lower and that article is merely doctoring images simply to lie? Whether or not their images are entirely scientifically comparable I don't know - I'm not overly concerned whether they are or not - the front wing clearly remains an issue, as mentioned by Lewis Hamilton after the Australian Grand Prix for example:

"I don't know if you've seen [Red Bull's] front wing but it's like trailing on the ground. That is massive downforce. Ours is much higher off the ground. That alone is like 20 points of downforce, like half a second, so as soon as we close that loophole or find out how to do that we will close that performance gap."

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Hamlin
    Apart from denigrating that blog post what exactly is your point? That actually the Red Bull wing isn't running lower and that article is merely doctoring images simply to lie? Whether or not their images are entirely scientifically comparable I don't know - I'm not overly concerned whether they are or not - the front wing clearly remains an issue, as mentioned by Lewis Hamilton after the Australian Grand Prix for example:

"I don't know if you've seen [Red Bull's] front wing but it's like trailing on the ground. That is massive downforce. Ours is much higher off the ground. That alone is like 20 points of downforce, like half a second, so as soon as we close that loophole or find out how to do that we will close that performance gap."
    I think I made myself clear in my post as to why the blog is not reliable.

And as you can see Hamilton is not saying that RB are cheating, just pointing out that they can produce so much more downforce.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where does the blog post say Red Bull are 'cheating'? Admittedly it's translated via Google but "The Red Bull appears to have found a way to pass the test without problems" seems to tie in with Hamilton's mention of a "loophole". The blog's message appears to be that Ferrari need to up their game.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Ioan is onto something. When the wing is loaded at a higher speed, then we see a flex in the front wing.

Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Great animation , Mr. Day .

We see some flex from the entire nose , so the entire wing is bending down to some degree .
    And , we see huge flex at the endplates .

Hard to tell whether it's just a factor of the drop , but it does look like there's a certain amount of deformation backwards as well .

Interesting to see the suspension flex , seeming to primarily be dealing with the growth of the tires at speed .

Lewis rarely seems to have original thoughts , so these gripes are from the team , and more than likely , all the others as well .
    Everyone but Newey took the additional weight added to the front wings at face value . That is , that they were not to flex .

This is one of those times where , if it's your team , you say it's clever innovation , and if it's not , you call it cheating .

Since Charlie said it's fine , expect a whole lot more flex in non-flexable wings across the grid .

Because now it's legal , however you achieve it .

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Here's another thought :
    Now that they've effectively given the green light to scrap a bunch of wings and design new ones that flex , it makes me wonder what goes into the making of this decision .

They say it's ok , so wings must be re-designed to keep up . There's no other way . You must .

If they say it's no good , though , how would they have done it ?
    Could they merely have added even more weight to the front end ? That , likely would have resulted in the re-design of a number of wings anyway . And , possibly more disqualifications at the next races , if there wasn't time(or money) allowed to do the work .

Could a "plank" , like used for the floor , measured after the race for thickness be the answer to stop the flexing ?

I don't know the answer , but it seems like there should be a way the regulate this aero aspect of the car without just the wholesale burn of money that a new set of wings for the whole grid means .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    red bull is giving fia and/or Bernie the most money under table so they can break rules? Ferrari used to give most money this way. just a thought, its possible.