View Poll Results: should a team be allowed to run a car that has no testing during the winter

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

28 57.14%
  • no

21 42.86%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

is Hispania done ?

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/form...ules-are-rules
    I'm sorry Hispania, but rules are rules
    I felt bad about not allowing the Hispania Racing Team (HRT) to take part in Australia, but you cannot compete in Formula One on the cheap.

The bottom line is that Vitantonio Liuzzi and Narain Karthikeyan were just not fast enough.

I was the drivers' representative on the panel of stewards in Melbourne and we could not let them race. Their cars were too slow.

Their best time was two seconds off the pace of next slowest car, and Karthikeyan's quickest effort was more than 10 seconds behind Sebastian Vettel's pole position time in his Red Bull Racing car.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Personally i dont think they will make it through the year, because if they are unable to qualify for a couple more races i reckon they will just call it quits which would be no big loss

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I've voted yes to the Q in the poll - the 107 rule is there to protect the drivers against dangerously slow cars - so anyone who brings a legal car to the track should be allowed to try.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Hopefully. F1 will be better off without such a loser team.
    "signature room for rent"

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Perhaps they could be given a free pass for the next few races to go away and do some testing.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    I've voted yes to the Q in the poll - the 107 rule is there to protect the drivers against dangerously slow cars - so anyone who brings a legal car to the track should be allowed to try.
    I agree.

They got very close to making the 107% rule after putting the cars on track for the very first time. That really is amazing considering the time the other teams spent on development after the initial testing sessions.

I actually think there should be some type of testing provision for any cars that don't qualify for a race. They need some way to test and develop so they can remain in the field. F1 could lose a lot of sponsors if it's too difficult to get into the races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think they're done yet, but unless there's a big change in Malaysia and they get at least one car in the race, I don't see them lasting far into the season.
    It's a shame though, I still think it should be made easier for new teams to compete. Lotus have spent a lot in the preparation of their new car, but it's still not enough and the gap to the established teams is as large as ever.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    i voted "no" only to realise the poll is not the same qusetion as posed by the thread title.

sure they should be allowed to run if they meet all the rules. THey passed crash testing, they passed scrutineering but they failed 107%, so no race.

if and when they do meet all the criteria let them race. presence at testing is not a rule, but is of course desirable for every team.

As for "are they done", i say no, not yet, if they can get a couple of full sessions in at Malaysia and still fall well short of the bar, then maybe that wil be a different story. Too early to write them off completely yet. of course they'll still be the slowest out there, but someone has to be.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Time to sell .

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I think the question is only important if there are teams out there wanting to take Hispania's place, currently it doesn't seem that there is, so there's no harm in letting them attempt to qualify if they wish.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums