View Poll Results: should a team be allowed to run a car that has no testing during the winter

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

28 57.14%
  • no

21 42.86%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan H
    Given that the HRT was a couple of seconds off 107% after what were really shakedown laps, its fair to say that the cars would be quicker given a few practice sessions merely through setting them up properly, quick enough to qualify.

I think the HRTs will be troubling Virgin this season unless the latter pull their fingers out and get their house in order. Of all the new teams I find Virgin the most disappointing. They have the funding and resources but are going nowhere.
    I'm actually amazed Virgin are so slow. I thought they'd doubled their computing power - plus last year's car wasn't bad for a first attempt. I expected them to be floating around near the midfield.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I had a feeling that HRT car would become useful at some point, the first day of proper running with their new front wing and Karthikeyan dipped below the 107% bracket, once Liuzzi gets properly underway, I wont be suprised if both Hispania's made the grid

And I think you're being a little mean on Virgin at the moment, Glock was the quicker of those 6 plus didnt Virgin say that the car has a lot more room for development with the first major upgrade coming for the beginning of the European season? I wont judge them until then.

As for Lotus, well that T128 has some potential, I have a feeling that when they get their first car upgrade, they could overtake Buemi, Alguersuari and possibly get on the coat-tails of the so far disappointing Force India's. They just need to iron out those unreliability problems
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Roughly if the fastest time in Q1, was around 1:37.000 then 107% is about 6.80.

So a realistic target for all of the back markers.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    they survived today, if I am not mistaken. Good job.
    Formula 1

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    They did.

I like.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Yes, as expected, HRT should have a fair few seconds in the pocket if only they can actually do some setup work and put the 2011 package together. Next steps will be harder, but they could match Virgin soon unless the Wirth team finds some good solutions for significant improvements.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    I am naturally very dissapointed that HTR made it to the race.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    I am naturally very dissapointed that HTR made it to the race.
    Why? They were fast enough within the rules; therefore, they, or anybody else in that situation, should be allowed to race. I don't see what's hard to grasp about that, whether or not one thinks that the three new teams are worthwhile additions to the grid.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Why? They were fast enough within the rules; therefore, they, or anybody else in that situation, should be allowed to race. I don't see what's hard to grasp about that, whether or not one thinks that the three new teams are worthwhile additions to the grid.
    Reading comprehension, do you know what that is?
    Nowhere did I state that they should not be allowed to race, I am just dissapointed that they made it to the race. Not that hard to understand.
    I would rather prefer HTR and Virgin off the grid and replaced by a more competent team, as it is now, they add nothing.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    I would rather prefer HTR and Virgin off the grid and replaced by a more competent team, as it is now, they add nothing.
    Ideally, competitive teams throughout is what we want. But I still think HRT and Virgin add their own variables to the racing so hope they stay for as long as they financially can.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam