Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Is there not a rule which stipulates that if a car has pieces which have become loose or dislodged (and could potentially become projectiles) should come to the pits for repairs?

I know Rubens' Brawn lost a spring rather suddenly, but Felipe Massa paid the price for the part that came off of RB's car at speed.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    Is there not a rule which stipulates that if a car has pieces which have become loose or dislodged (and could potentially become projectiles) should come to the pits for repairs?

I know Rubens' Brawn lost a spring rather suddenly, but Felipe Massa paid the price for the part that came off of RB's car at speed.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...de/default.stm

Black flag with an orange centre is usually used if drivers have something hanging off. Not so common in F1 (if a driver has a wing hanging around then it's generally in their interest to get rid of it anyway) but you sometimes see them thrown in touring car races and other national motorsports.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifter
    I don't recall the flexi-floors controversy with great detail, but I could see how, if the leading edge flexed upward it would create more clearance, thus the front suspension could be set softer...with speed and aero load, floor flexes up, aero load increases and presses down on the whole front of the car, lowering CG and giving the front wing more ground-level air.
    Yes that's how I understand it too. Effectively lowering the front ride height below the minimum that's supposed to be enforced by the combination of the plank and a flat floor.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze

good point.

ignored by many here and at fia as they are too busy trying to dq sauber over millimeters and keep out those slow hispainas to be worrying over things coming off and hurting somebody,
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    good point.

ignored by many here and at fia as they are too busy trying to dq sauber over millimeters and keep out those slow hispainas to be worrying over things coming off and hurting somebody,
    Perhaps, and I'm going out on a limb here, the stewards saw the problem and decided (because they're experts and all) that it didn't actually pose a risk. You know, they used their knowledge of the sport and how the cars are built to assess the situation.

Actually now I mention it that just seems stupid, it's far more likely that some bloke who watches it on the telly would make a far more informed decision.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Perhaps, and I'm going out on a limb here, the stewards saw the problem and decided (because they're experts and all) that it didn't actually pose a risk. You know, they used their knowledge of the sport and how the cars are built to assess the situation.

Actually now I mention it that just seems stupid, it's far more likely that some bloke who watches it on the telly would make a far more informed decision.

What!!! How dare you imply that David Hobbes and crew are not experts!!!

Heck, as whitemarish said, he was not watching the race on telly and had no idea about Button, and no doubt even less about Hamilton

Defend and excuse it all you wish, but it remains clear that the priorities of the FIA are anal millimeters as in 5 on the radius, but none over stauff that might actually hurt someone, such that they did not even give it a looksee during the race....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Heck, as whitemarish said, he was not watching the race on telly and had no idea about Button, and no doubt even less about Hamilton.
    I'm sure that McLaren were monitoring all aspects of the car that their data allows them to from the pitwall, garage and back in Woking.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    He is well monitored nowdays.