Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow F1 2010 Time Trial Videos

Troubles in cross-posting this in the Simulations forum, so I'll post it here again. I thought we all can post videos of our Time Trial runs here. I'll start off with my run at Melbourne, Australia. My time 1:23.830 was a bit slower, probably because of the frame rate dropping down to 30 FPS because I was recording. I have done times around 1:22.8 or 1:22.6 here.

[youtube]12hJ87j8cHs[/youtube]

Time: 1:23:830

Best seen in 720p HD.

Setup used: Dry setup on the far right.
    All Driving Assists OFF.
    Wheel: Logitech Momo Racing
    GFWL ID: CaptainRaiden

Please feel free to post any videos or screenshots you may have. Probably we could have some little competitions going as well, where we try to beat each other's times at a certain track. For people who can't record videos, they can post screenshots of their time at certain circuits as well. I'll post Monaco soon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Monaco - Monte Carlo: God I LOVE this track! A few minor mistakes on this run though, but it was good enough for a 1:12 lap. Here is the video:

[youtube]_2qwOpXbeos[/youtube]

Time: 1:12.897

Best seen in 720p HD.

Setup used: http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-201...onaco-dry.html
    All Driving Assists OFF.
    Wheel: Logitech Momo Racing
    GFWL ID: CaptainRaiden

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    That Monaco lap is insane. Some of your braking points are impossibly late!

The best I can do at Albert park is a 1:25. I think I'm losing time at turn 2 because I can't find a braking point.

My best result on an Xbox live time trial leaderboard is about 600th at Hockenhiem with a 1:14.

In my defence I'm having to use a controller pad
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

My Ps3 has just decided to stop loading any discs. And clunks when I put them in.

Just as I was about to load F1.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Fu_k! Those are some HOT laps. I've got some serious practise to do

Challenge accepted!
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    That Monaco lap is insane. Some of your braking points are impossibly late!

The best I can do at Albert park is a 1:25. I think I'm losing time at turn 2 because I can't find a braking point.

My best result on an Xbox live time trial leaderboard is about 600th at Hockenhiem with a 1:14.

In my defence I'm having to use a controller pad
    Hey, thanks! Not really difficult to get braking points late with manual shifting. If you look at the Monaco lap and the Melbourne lap as well, I'm using a lot of engine braking, downshifting one gear extra to get better grip and traction into the corners. This won't be possible with automatic shifting. For example, many corners that would normally be taken in 4th, I guess I'm taking in 3rd. So, it's easy to carry a lot of speed into corners, and the engine braking helps to get the car stopped. This would destroy the gearbox in real life, but in the game not so much. Plus it's Time Trial, so tyre and fuel simulation is off by default, and that means a lighter car and much more grip, easier to brake later. One can get braver and braver on brakes with some extra laps.

That time at Hockenheim is good with a controller. I don't think I would be able to play this game with a controller. I'll pretty much suck at it for sure. So, 1:14 with a controller at Hockenheim is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Fu_k! Those are some HOT laps. I've got some serious practise to do

Challenge accepted!
    Thanks. Nice to see some competition going for time trials. Trying to become faster and faster is a true racer's mentality, isn't it?

There are some good car setups here: http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-setups/

They work well with wheels and controllers, I guess not so good with keyboards. But one would have to be crazy to play this game with a keyboard!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    For turn 2, I brake as soon as the apex is visible on the screen, so I made that as my braking point for that turn. Of course this won't work if you're playing with tyre and fuel simulation on, like in Expert/Legend mode in Career. It would be wiser to brake a little early in that case.

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    The way I do turn 2 is to remember that there are 3 brake marker boards there and I need to wait for just after the 2nd one to brake (in TT mode). With fuel sim on braking at the 2nd board is the only way around the corner.

The only corner in the game that I find you can really brake very late for is turn 1 at Catalunya. The most difficult ones to find your brake markers are the 2 hairpins at Valencia and the hairpin at the end of the long straight at China.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    Hey, thanks! Not really difficult to get braking points late with manual shifting. If you look at the Monaco lap and the Melbourne lap as well, I'm using a lot of engine braking, downshifting one gear extra to get better grip and traction into the corners. This won't be possible with automatic shifting. For example, many corners that would normally be taken in 4th, I guess I'm taking in 3rd. So, it's easy to carry a lot of speed into corners, and the engine braking helps to get the car stopped.

That time at Hockenheim is good with a controller. I don't think I would be able to play this game with a controller. I'll pretty much suck at it for sure. So, 1:14 with a controller at Hockenheim is pretty good.
    Love your Monaco lap.. that looks intense, serious fun, makes me realise what Im missing, I need to get my pc upgraded just to play this.

I totally agree about the controller, once you have played racing games like this with a wheel and pedals, you cant go back to a controller without it feeling that its just half the game.
    I have an old Thrustmaster F1 with forcefeedback but the great thing about it is that it also has brake and throttle levers on the wheel as well... as I find the floor pedals move about too much. I've had it for a long time and had to make DIY repairs to keep it working over the years (Rubber bands for throttle/brake lever springs etc ) So if anyone knows of another decent wheel with analogue brake and throttle levers on the actual wheel please let me know.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Love your Monaco lap.. that looks intense, serious fun, makes me realise what Im missing, I need to get my pc upgraded just to play this.
    I absolutely love this track, there's so much to do. But going by the same principle, I absolutely suck at Hungaroring. Something just doesn't go right there.

Upgrading your PC would be worth it, seriously. You have F1 2010 right now, then you have rFactor 2 coming up, and GTR3 coming up in 2011, two very serious simulation racers. So, many hours of racing ahead. Or you could also get a PS3 and a Logitech wheel, it'll be cheaper and less hassle I guess. But PC gamers would always prefer to upgrade, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    I totally agree about the controller, once you have played racing games like this with a wheel and pedals, you cant go back to a controller without it feeling that its just half the game.
    I have an old Thrustmaster F1 with forcefeedback but the great thing about it is that it also has brake and throttle levers on the wheel as well... as I find the floor pedals move about too much. I've had it for a long time and had to make DIY repairs to keep it working over the years (Rubber bands for throttle/brake lever springs etc ) So if anyone knows of another decent wheel with analogue brake and throttle levers on the actual wheel please let me know.
    I played F1 05 on the PS2 with a controller, and quite enjoyed it, but then again that was total arcade, and F1 2010 is a whole another game. On some circuits it's just impossible to get a good time without a wheel IMO.

If you're looking for a better wheel, I'd suggest Logitech Momo. It's been discontinued by Logitech in favor of the newer Driving Force GT, about which I don't know how good it is. I know the Logitech G25 or the G27 are better wheels, but I wouldn't fork out three times the money. Besides I've raced against lots of G25 and G27 owners online, and frankly haven't seen them having much of an advantage. Momo works absolutely brilliant in almost all games.

As for the pedals moving around, the pedal tray in my Momo has this adjustable rubber/spike thingy, which if you're on a carpet, you can put the spikes on, it grips on it and is steady as a rock, wouldn't move a millimeter even in extreme gaming. And if you put it on a floor, you can push the spikes in, and it has these sticky rubber thingies on each side, which again grips pretty good on the floor. Stable as hell.

Here's the link for Momo: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Force...9990378&sr=8-1

If you have the extra $300 to fork out, then you should definitely go for the G27 as that's the best you can get right now. You have other recommendations on the same page as well. Hope that helps.