Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Whiney crybaby of the race?

Button. Someone call that man a waaaaaaambulance. You tried to cheat and you got a penalty.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stupid thread.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Don't read it then?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Saying that Button tried to cheat seems too hard for me. He was optimistic on his move on Massa, and the Brazilian defended his position in a tough manner, which meant that Jenson had to go off the track in order to avoid crashing into him.

It was a mistake from him not to give the places back, but we would need to know whether this was Jenson or McLaren's call. It would have been great to hear McLaren's radio communications with Jenson. If they didn't tell him to let Massa (and, consequently, Alonso) by, it's their fault alone.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    i do think he probably deserved the penalty, but i didn't see anything wrong with what he said. He was quicker, Massa did make it difficult and was holding them both up. He said Massa was doing a good job. for a moment entering the offending left hander he had a slight overlap on Massa, which was then reversed by the right hander. he had also go a nose ahead but on the outside a couple of other places also but didn't make it stick.

He should have given the place back, but it was pretty tight and Ferrari made it practically impossible a couple of corners later when Alonso "got" past and they pitted Massa. he probably could have passed Massa somewhere else eventually (as he did later). didn't hear anything particularly whiney in the interview though. In fact your post comes across whinier in tone tbh
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Deep down they knew they had to give the place back. Whether they were stupid or optimistic it amounts to the same thing

Mclaren told him to hold until they'd heard back from the stewards. They didn't hear anything and then Ferrari pitted and they got the drive through.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Mclaren told him to hold until they'd heard back from the stewards. They didn't hear anything and then Ferrari pitted and they got the drive through.
    Which is a dumb thing to do. Let me tell you a story. At Rally Australia one year I had a media pass and was speeding back to the service park to get there before the cars arrived so I could get photos and I passed a police car going to other way just over a crest whilst I was doing a rather a bit over the speed limit. I didn't wait to see him coming back behind me, I stopped and I pulled over and waited for him to catch up. End result was that he respected that I didn't try to get away and I made thing easier for both of us. I got sent on my way with the warning that if I got caught again that weekend I'd be "taking pictures of trees rather than rally cars" and didn't get a fine or points. Sometimes you just have to realise when you've been caught or that being caught is inevitable and pre-empt the punishment and make it easier on yourself.

If Jenson had simply let Massa and probably Alonso by then he'd have had a far better race and that's a fact.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I don't think Jenson cheated but I agree he must have realised he should've let Massa pass. Instead he allowed Ferrari to use clever team orders and get Alonso ahead.

It must be so demoralising for Massa to get the phone call this early in the season but to be fair he was slower than Alonso all weekend.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

agree they should have had the confidence in there own thoughts and Jenson should have given the place back straight away. that was their mistake, but i agree with Dave and others, the pass wasn't that bad, he was alongside at worst and i also don't think it was a deliberate cheat.

should have given it back and got him again next time round