Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I agree with alot of the above.

At this circuit the main staright is not particularly long, and after a high speed corner.

I personally think it should able to be used at any point on the lap, so you can aid your slipstream to turn 1, 3 or is it 12 or 13 after the quick chicane, and more freedom as said would help the re pass.

I think for me you need a wider time to use it, or not at all. The one straight per lap approach is a bit bizzare.
    Not sure how you would regulate all of this to be honest, but its not my job.

If the rules stay as they are though I think at Spain, Canada, Turkey, Brazil among others with longer straights we will see more affect.

Lets wait and see.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    I'm with Robinho. I was pleasantly surprised with it, creating, as I've said elsewhere, the effect of a decent slipstream, getting the following driver close, but ultimately still leaving him some work to do on the brakes. Personally I think it was just about right in terms of it effect on relative speeds.
    Agreed, though I think it will be more effective in places with long straights like Sepang, Shanghai, Abu Dhabi and Catalunya.

Mind you, some of those places listed could do with an actual chance of overtaking...
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Yer its obvious at Sepang it should be more effective, while you couldn't watch the Monaco GP and say "Well it didn't increase overtaking". Nothing will.

So we need to wait and see and except on some tracks its just not going to have an effect.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it still sucks. Get rid of that crap!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Crap, complete crap. I hope they remove it soon or let it be used all the time. Nonsense that it should be available to one driver, but not to another during a fight.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Crap, complete crap. I hope they remove it soon or let it be used all the time. Nonsense that it should be available to one driver, but not to another during a fight.
    I know exactly where you are coming from. I don't want to like it - really I don't. But the designers have got just so damn clever that there is next to no slipstream effect, so until someone far smarter than me comes up with a better solution, I'm gonna at least give this a few races to prove its worth.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    If it is used all of the time then it would be completely pointless because the car infront could use it too.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Made no difference as far as I could see. Apart from being something to talk about it didn't create any more overtaking opportunities.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    It worked well so far.

It cut the deficit of running against a brickwall at the last corner. Best example being Alonso catching Webber mid-race, just before Webber pitted. Under normal conditions Alonso would never have caught up Webber on the pit straight.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    I know exactly where you are coming from. I don't want to like it - really I don't. But the designers have got just so damn clever that there is next to no slipstream effect, so until someone far smarter than me comes up with a better solution, I'm gonna at least give this a few races to prove its worth.
    Why is agreeing with you so easy?

Seriously though, you're right. We all know it is a big fat giant gimmick, but if it makes the Spanish/Abu Dhabi/European grands prix actually entertaining, then I think it may be worth it.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.