Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Massa for accidently pulling over to allow Alonso through just after Jenson had made his illegal pass. As it is the first race of the season and we know Ferrari allow their drivers to race until there is a clear points leader, I shall make the call it was a mistake by Felipe. Rubens also for his clumsy move on Nico.
    Whilst I hate team orders, they're now legal and that move was extremely clever because ...... well it just was!!!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Whilst I hate team orders, they're now legal and that move was extremely clever because ...... well it just was!!!
    Very smart from Ferrari, perhaps their new strategy team was worth the money?

But yes, Barrichello hands down. Rookie mistake in quali and a stupid move on Rosberg. He was flying up until that point and could've had a decent points haul.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    If it was team orders it would have been clever but Ferrari and their fans have always maintained that Felipe is free to race Fernando until it is clear later in a season who needs support. This was only the first race so team orders was not an option.
    Well it was a strange situation. If the situation had been reversed would Alonso have let Massa by to cause McLaren/Button more pain? Who knows
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    And no doubt his car was in great shape?!
    That's true, but I like to evaluate the whole weekend. I don't think he was ready to match Petrov this time. Maybe next.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    That's true, but I like to evaluate the whole weekend. I don't think he was ready to match Petrov this time. Maybe next.
    What are you doing on this forum then? The point of this forum is to jump to rash conclusions about a driver, team or car from one race.

I still laugh when I think of how people wrote McRae off in the WRC forum in the same year where he went on to win a few races and be in the running for the title in the last round before "that crash" at which point they were saying how great he was

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    and to make matters worse, it should Ferrari to be clever and quick to think on their feet, meanwhile Mclaren froze up in a "my pet goat" moment and screwed their driver out of a better result. also Button should have given the position up himself. He is a smart guy and should have known better. Even if it meant having both Alonso and Massa pass him, he would have been in a much better position to attack and recover well.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Massa went from hero to zero. Brilliant job to defend Button but even if he allegedly pulled over for Alonso, Massa ended up going backwards.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    For a man on his 300 odd GP start, that was a very very optimistic (just idiotic) move by Rubens.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Donkey - Massa.

Just so so slow and seems to going backwards as a driver. I hope the crash in 2009 hasn't caused this, but he doesn't seem to be able to get anywhere near Alonso.

He would have been better ignoring team orders in Germany in 2010 and just getting the victory. Because I can't see him ever winning another race.
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Agreed, it's a great shame, back in 2008 it looked like he was headed for greatness, but has gone backwards ever since.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums