Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Strange enough Horner is unable to name at least one of those 'problems':

“In a post-mortem of the event we’ve found a few things on Mark's car which, setup-wise, certainly wouldn't have helped,” Team Principal Christian Horner explained to reporters

“All of those elements have been changed for Malaysia, where we expect the two cars to be much closer together.”

“There was no single issue that we could finger-point, but there were elements which weren't right and the difference between the drivers over the course of the weekend was bigger than it's ever been – that’s not right so, for sure, those issues would have contributed.”
    C'mon Mr. Horner man up and name that problem that was found between the seat and the steering wheel.

PS: Is it usual to use the term 'post-mortem' in such case?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan

C'mon Mr. Horner man up and name that problem that was found between the seat and the steering wheel.

You're right ioan. Ferrari have the same problem between the steering wheel and seat of the second Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    You're right ioan. Ferrari have the same problem between the steering wheel and seat of the second Ferrari.
    Hey dude, Felipe is a great guy and he hasn't been the same driver since his crash. You take that back or I'll......
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

My thoughts are that they don't want to bring attention. The inside word I have is that there was a failure inside one of Marks rear suspension parts. This effectively locked and as such he had terrible handling and his tyres wore badly for the weekend.

I think the team just don't want to discuss it. After Mark and Seb were so close last year it's quite a gap. We know Seb is a tenth or two better in quali, but not .8 and after looking at Marks quali lap there were no visible mistakes.

Look at what happened after Silverstone and Turkey last year when the tin foil hats went on. The last thing RBR and its drivers need is a media circus outside the big tent which is why I believe they're trying to be very coy on the whole topic.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    I think its quite possible that Seb was just 100% hooked up at the first race while Mark wasnt. We've seen it before where one teamate just drivers perfectly for the whole weekend while the other battles. It could be there was a problem with Marks cars, but Seb just looked so good all weekend in OZ.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    At least the guy at Ferrari is not complaining left right and middle, park the car after the checkered flag, the team doesn't make up excuses.
    There are things in life you are born with (or without in Webber's case).

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    My thoughts are that they don't want to bring attention. The inside word I have is that there was a failure inside one of Marks rear suspension parts. This effectively locked and as such he had terrible handling and his tyres wore badly for the weekend.

I think the team just don't want to discuss it. After Mark and Seb were so close last year it's quite a gap. We know Seb is a tenth or two better in quali, but not .8 and after looking at Marks quali lap there were no visible mistakes.

Look at what happened after Silverstone and Turkey last year when the tin foil hats went on. The last thing RBR and its drivers need is a media circus outside the big tent which is why I believe they're trying to be very coy on the whole topic.
    Thanks for the information.
    I jut wish Red Bull, and F1 teams generally, were more transparent than what they are in their press releases where they talk a lot without saying anything.

Making it clear what the problem with mark's car was would only add to their image as a fair team and would in no way damage the relationship within the various people involved.
    Silence is not good when suspicions are raised.

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Thanks for the information.
    I jut wish Red Bull, and F1 teams generally, were more transparent than what they are in their press releases where they talk a lot without saying anything.

Making it clear what the problem with mark's car was would only add to their image as a fair team and would in no way damage the relationship within the various people involved.
    Silence is not good when suspicions are raised.
    I think we all feel the same way about that.

From what I can see of a recent article where Horner states that expects Webber to be back on it this weekend is that they're just hoping for this thing to be resolved on track. As in, Mark will significantly improve this weekend and they can come out and say "yeah, we had a couple minor issues and they're resolved, as you can see.... let's move on from Australia".

The thing which I have my suspicions over is what the actual part/issue was? Perhaps it's quite top secret which is why the team is saying so little. They don't want to raise topic of a part which is right on the line legally or perhaps not used by other teams and thus provides RBR a considerable advantage.

Urgh. Two weeks since Melbourne and so many questions need answering and there's only one place it can happen..... this is driving me nuts!

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Christian Horner on Webber in Australia: "damaged rear centre damper". Just said it on BBC.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    Christian Horner on Webber in Australia: "damaged rear centre damper". Just said it on BBC.
    Horner couldn't lie straight in bed if his life depended on it. Either Webber's car was the problem or Webber was the problem. Regardless of which, Red Bull need to get their story straight. All this flip-flopping about does their credibility little good.
    Forza Ferrari!!