Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The NGTC Thread

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

The NGTC Thread

As this is going to be one of the ongoing stories of 2011 I thought it would be a good idea to start a separate thread for it.

So far we've seen the two Toyota's of Tony Hughes and Frank Wrathall, with Tony having done a shakedown at Silverstone and Frank's car ready minus a gearbox (will be running at Brands on Tuesday).

Now I'm not a huge fan of the look of the Toyota, its much nicer in NGTC trim than the road car, but still not great. The A4 on the other hand is a great looking road car, and judging by the pictures Rob Austin has just put up on Facebook, it's going to look absolutely stunning!

I'm interested to see how these cars get on this year, still no official weight has been set for them as far as I'm aware, although rumours are it's going to be quite high to keep them in check with the S2000 cars.

New Pics of A4

2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Im liking the look of that, very mean without the millions of aero add ons like a DTM A4!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Audi looks great already, I hope the livery they are planning will do it justice.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Speedworks are planning to give their Avensis its first proper test tomorrow at Oulton Park whilst Rob Austin Racing have scheduled the shakedown of their Audi for Thursday at Rockingham.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    And the second Audi will not be out at Brands.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm a little concerned at how the pace of these cars will fare against the S2000 chassis at the start of the season. I'm not even sure they'll be within half a second of the prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    I'm a little concerned at how the pace of these cars will fare against the S2000 chassis at the start of the season. I'm not even sure they'll be within half a second of the prototype.
    I, too, think it will be a two-class (three-class if you count the existing cars like the Vectras and Civics running the NGTC engines) championship to begin with, but let's see.

Speedworks Avensis was looking good at Oulton today. Dunno what a decent BTCC time round the full circuit should be but the Toyota was lapping in the low 2 minute 3-4s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Speedworks Avensis was looking good at Oulton today. Dunno what a decent BTCC time round the full circuit should be but the Toyota was lapping in the low 2 minute 3-4s
    Much quicker than that!

Quote Originally Posted by BTCC2
    Much quicker than that!
    As in the time was actually much quicker than that, or a good time should be much quicker than that?