Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    No doubt Nick's problems were a one-off, and it could be a very interesting battle between the two.

C'mon Vitaly--keep your head tomorrow! You're up there with the superstars!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    4 to ZERO

actually, I do not think that this demonstrates the actual difference in driver skill, but how well the car set up and performance match the driving "mannerisms" in which the driver can use the car to best advantage.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Impressively confident performance by Petrov, but Renault's pitwall must be missing Kubica now as a benchmark - "how fast could this car really go".
    Well said.

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    No doubt Nick's problems were a one-off, and it could be a very interesting battle between the two.
    Like I said in the other thread, the car was developed around Kubica, and remember what happened LAST time he drove a car developed around Kubica? (BMW spent a big chunk of development time trying to make it work for him and blew Kubica's championship chances in the process)

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Funny how we at first had a thread last year with people saying that he was a future champion and by the end of season we had one about how he didn't deserve a race seat, and suddenly he's better than NH - who, most would agree, is roughly as good as Kubica...
    Great point. Petrov pulled it together today, and I hope he has a good race.

As for Nick, the race will tell. Personally though I've always thought he was a very solid driver, I can't compare him to Kubica. I think Robert is one of the better talents in the field.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    zoom zoom zoom - oh after 12 years you expect Nick to vault to the top all of a sudden???
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    zoom zoom zoom - oh after 12 years you expect Nick to vault to the top all of a sudden???
    Exactly. Nick is a solid number 2 driver, period. I think Renault should have at least tried to get a driver that was younger and hungry for wins. The Hulk would have been a driver right up their alley. Cheap, sophomore in F1, and willing to push a car's limits.

Oh well, another talented driver takes the backseat.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Exactly. Nick is a solid number 2 driver, period. I think Renault should have at least tried to get a driver that was younger and hungry for wins. The Hulk would have been a driver right up their alley. Cheap, sophomore in F1, and willing to push a car's limits.

Oh well, another talented driver takes the backseat.
    with all this new wing sh!t, kers and the like the Hulk will be back sooner than you think. UNFORTUNATELY some guys are going to do some sheet time because of this crap.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Heidfeld outscored Kubica for two years as teammates, and he is experienced. They wanted a known quantity, considering that Petrov is their other driver. We shouldn't assume that just because Heidfeld is older and more experienced, that it makes him less hungry for a win.

Do you guys really think it would've been a good idea, on paper, to have two drivers just out of their rookie season, in both of their cars, considering they were both beaten by their experienced teammates?

As for Heidfeld's performance, well, we will see.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Heidfeld will do a solid job for Renault and was a good choice as stand-in for Kubica. Petrov impressed at the end of 2010 but this is only the first race of the year. Consistency is key.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993