Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am happy that Vitaly has improved. Hopefully his racecraft will be better as well.
    Formula 1

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    What a disaster for NH. Time to sack him and get Senna in.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Terrible weekend for Heidfeld so far, but likely it will be a one-off, he's not that bad. He could still get points in tomorrow's race. But if he underperforms consistently, then yes - marketable Senna will likely substitute.

Impressively confident performance by Petrov, but Renault's pitwall must be missing Kubica now as a benchmark - "how fast could this car really go".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lets not jump to conclusions quite yet, surely nick had traffic problems which is common in this format. You know everyone raves about how great this qualy format is but for me its a little bit too dicey with all the traffic, some get lucky with a clear track on 2 or 3 laps while others struggle to find 1 lap with clear traffic and its mostly down to luck. so lets see how the race goes. still a huge possibility petrov wont finish and nick could work his way into the points. but petrov did do a very good job in qualy for sure. i will be amazed if petrov has more points than nick after several races. then again i thought for sure michael was going to wax nico last year... thats why we watch f1 , the unpredictability and excitment

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    Cannot believe it...thought Nick may have a shot at a victory this year but it seems not. Yes he had traffic but it cost him 0.4s at most, while he was 1.7s behind Petrov. Shocking effort.
    All's I got to say is that Hulkenberg would not have come in p18
    Seems to me the car is a beast ( shame kubica is not in it), Petrov is lighting up the timecharts and therefore the only variable that is not performing is Heidfeld.
    Then again I predicted that Petrov would outclass him anyway.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Impressively confident performance by Petrov, but Renault's pitwall must be missing Kubica now as a benchmark - "how fast could this car really go".
    I'd say right where it is with petrov at p6
    behind the RBR's mac's and Alonso's ferrari

I don;t think one could have expected a different outcome if Kubica was in the car
    and if Petrov gets the jump on Alonso at the start...it might be Abu Dhabi all over again
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Heidfeld also had a KERS problem on his first run. Given his pace in testing I can't imagine this is the best Nick can give.

Don't understand those saying get Senna in, it would be nice to see him get another chance someday but he was outpaced by Klien in almost all sessions they raced together last year.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    NH is just as good as Lews, if not better.

He will score most of Renualts points this year.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Nick got blocked on his last flying lap and had to lift off, otherwise he would have scraped into Q2. He should have been in by quite a margin though, so while it's an excuse to some degree, he shouldn't have been 1.5 slower than Petrov in the first place.

He would have almost certainly been in Q3 IMO because the car's quick.

He'll score points tomorrow I'm sure of it.