Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts

Chandok confirmed as Lotus reserve

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...eserve-driver/

Good to see Karun getting a role but how many 'reserves' 'third' and 'test' drivers does one team need?! Not quite sure what Razia's third driver role actually means?

Pity that there is no in season testing now and the other drivers basically have an empty role for the rest of the year.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Karun

Glad to see that he acctually now has a part to play in F1,as he is a nice guy,BUT how much is it costing him?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Long overdue announcement.

I wonder whether the deal might include a one-off in a race seat at the Indian GP? Maybe that's what took so long to negotiate...

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    ^^^

Doubt it. He may get Friday running at home but otherwise it will take injury or Trulli getting Peed off and walking away to get K in the car for a race.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    ^^^

Doubt it. He may get Friday running at home but otherwise it will take injury or Trulli getting Peed off and walking away to get K in the car for a race.
    Whichever way, after that announcement, I think Chandhok might have just got himself a race drive with them for 2012 alongside Heikki

As for Friday practice, he will be driving in FP1 in Australia according to 5live's twitter feed
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I don't think Chandhok is good enough to get a race seat. If Lotus sucks again, Trulli will voluntarily walk after this season. Then what? I think Lotus could get their eye on Glock after that, who could get frustrated with even a worse Virgin. Even Hülkenberg is available, if the guy doesn't somehow get a race seat in a better team. Or someone, who might shine in the GP2 season (Bianchi? Grosjean?).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Karun did an excellent job during practice...

...of making me laugh!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    ^Indeed.

Although it looked something could have made him spin off... rear suspension?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion: