Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    Absolutely cannot wait. This off season has been so loooong!

I fly out of Brisbane headed for Melbourne early Thursday morning!
    You do realise that Essendon plays Footscray the same afternoon, don't you! I don't know what to do I guess I'll go to the footy and record the race just in case I get home late.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    I know its a little early but after a two week extended break I am impatient to get going.

At least we now have a proper opening Grand Prix weekend at a proper Venue.

With only a couple of days until the F1 circus begins again, I thought it time to open the Oz GP thread for all thing Round 1.

So Ladies and Gentleman lets start the engines as F1 2011 is here.
    Bahrain is a proper Grand Prix at a proper venue
    Why slight them?

anyway, yes its good to get the season going
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    I do realise indeed!

I am going to the footy which is from 1pm to 4pm and then jumping on a tram straight to the track for the race which starts at 5pm. GP express trams leave from outside Etihad Stadium, I figure it's only a 10 minute trip.... I should be at the track no later than 4.30. I have Grand Stand seating corner 1 so no need to worry about getting a good spot as I've an allocated seat.

All sorted Valve!
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I agree, again the winter break has been too long nore: so I am very exciting and cannot wait for the season to start Btw how can you guys prefere to watch footy insted of ? :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I agree, again the winter break has been too long nore: so I am very exciting and cannot wait for the season to start Btw how can you guys prefere to watch footy insted of ?
    No no, I'm going to make it to both! As for the support races, meh, I'll have had three days of it by then! I'll head to the track for the morning pit walk and then to the footy and back to the track.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Bahrain is a proper Grand Prix at a proper venue
    Why slight them?

anyway, yes its good to get the season going
    Are you serious? I was going to miss the first GP just because it was at Bahrain. I was just going to wake up on Monday morning and get the results, but now we actually get to see a good race at an excellent venue.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I love the Melbourne track and it proves that you don't need a multi-billion dollar monstrosity to provide great racing. There isn't any sand to worry fret over, most Aussies are crazy but not in the middle of a political revolution, and lastly the layout of the track won't make me fall asleep within 15 minutes of watching the race.

It should be written into the next Concorde agreement that the F1 season must neither start nor end at a Tilkedrome.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    We're going to the Lake District for a long weekend tomorrow night. I haven't decided whether we will be getting up for qualifying and practice yet. The decision is made much harder as although we will be taking our sky box it wont record if we're not at home. As much as a I love f1 I still think I would rather be half way up a mountain rather than watching a re-run at a decent hour.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I will be up for saterday Quali,and also sunday for the race,then satalite dish down,all packed and on the road,and out of Spain,by lunchtime into France on the wayback to UK after wintering in Spain for last 3 months.Daughter in Brisbane (know its probably 1000 miles north of Melbourne) says they have had rain,rain and more rain,this last week.So could be interesting if they have rain too,its a great leveller !

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I agree, again the winter break has been too long nore: so I am very exciting and cannot wait for the season to start Btw how can you guys prefere to watch footy insted of ? :
    As Ari said - the trip by tram is veryconvenient - probably only 15 minutes. So he will have the best of both worlds. And the tram is free for anyone with a Grand Prix ticket.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout