Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Logic check .

They say they are sponsors of a team that no longer exists .
    It is Lotus Renault now .

And , they did advertise someone else in thier advertising ; Renault , who , by the way don't even own a team now .

When you buy naming rights , you have spent a pile , and you spent that pile so that they all would have to use your name when they mention the team .
    That's what you bought .
    But they are entered as Renault, who are still officially the name of the Constructor (regardless of the lack of Renault actually owning the team) Lotus paid to be Title sponsor, the same as malboro, Vodafone etc etc.

You can't sponsor the team without using their name, but you don't have to talk aboutthe other sponsors. Thats the beauty of "Owning" the constructors name not just being title sponsor.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Latest twist in the Lotus naming case: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90077

I'm getting a bit fed up of this. To me the Lotus car company own the brand "Lotus" and therefore they should have the right to use it if they want (even if they're nothing to do with the former Lotus F1 team)

I'm all for new teams coming into the sport but I wish Fernandes would try and make his own history instead of buying somebody else's.

Hoping for a swift and clear conclusion to this case!