Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Well they stopped engine development, which was stupid too.
    True dat.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    At first glance I must admit that I didn't like the idea. But if you build upon it - by say - mandating that the drivers have to drive for a different team every race - the idea starts to show some merit. Add to that, by replacing points with medals (who could ever understand those numbers anyway) and throw in some random rain and snow storms and you've got a definate winner!

I'm pretty sure that that would get us back pretty close to the original ideal of Formula 1 racing.
    Yes! Yes! Add a style championship... best drift, highest and longest air over the curbs, coolest hand gesture at lapped traffic... An oil slick button and bean bag cannon would also give us the authentic F1 experience

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Wow does this idea suck!
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I think Stuart has had enough of a kicking now
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I don't like the idea... the people before me explained very well why it would not work.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What others have said - the development race through the season is half the fun.

I can see this rule coming in though in the near future - from the same prats that brought us frozen engines and control tyres after all.

The obsession with cost-cutting will be the death of this sport (as a sport), it's most of the way there already.
    The idea would work only as long as Ferrari have the fastest car, in the event they don't expect an immediate U turn by Berni/Todt, we should all remember the result of the engine reg's, I think it went something like this, X many engines per season and no upgrades, that reg lasted until Ferrari was blowing motors, at that point they were given an engine upgrade waiver.

Regards scaliwag.
    loloaqici82qb4ip?

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I think Stuart has had enough of a kicking now

No no dammit! He's on the ground, let's kick him some more!!!!
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scaliwag
    The idea would work only as long as Ferrari have the fastest car, in the event they don't expect an immediate U turn by Berni/Todt, we should all remember the result of the engine reg's, I think it went something like this, X many engines per season and no upgrades, that reg lasted until Ferrari was blowing motors, at that point they were given an engine upgrade waiver.

Regards scaliwag.
    I think the problem is that the FIA have very stringent rules that can never be violiated unless it suits them. It's not just Ferrari but when McLaren, Toyota etc manage to make their engine more reliable and as a consequense, more efficient whereas Renault are allowed to have a couple of free catchup sessions when there is a development freeze on.

You can only innovate when it suits the FIA.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    I think the problem is that the FIA have very stringent rules that can never be violiated unless it suits them. It's not just Ferrari but when McLaren, Toyota etc manage to make their engine more reliable and as a consequense, more efficient whereas Renault are allowed to have a couple of free catchup sessions when there is a development freeze on.

You can only innovate when it suits the FIA.
    Hi skc, my post was slightly tongue in cheek, however you are of course correct. FIA rules are only adhered to when it suites certain teams to keep the status quo.

By the way do you remember if the Renault waiver came before or after the Ferrari waiver?

Regards scaliwag
    loloaqici82qb4ip?

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    No no dammit! He's on the ground, let's kick him some more!!!!
    The idea he proposed was so monstrously stupid that every kick he takes while on ground, he will have deserved tenfold
    "signature room for rent"