Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    and any teams who turned up at the 1st race and got creamed would have no incentive to even bother for the rest of the year.

disastrous plan, sorry
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Can I have the 47 seconds back that I took to read this idea please?
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    What others have said - the development race through the season is half the fun.

I can see this rule coming in though in the near future - from the same prats that brought us frozen engines and control tyres after all.

The obsession with cost-cutting will be the death of this sport (as a sport), it's most of the way there already.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Well they stopped engine development, which was stupid too.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry, not a good idea.

Next...............

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    At first glance I must admit that I didn't like the idea. But if you build upon it - by say - mandating that the drivers have to drive for a different team every race - the idea starts to show some merit. Add to that, by replacing points with medals (who could ever understand those numbers anyway) and throw in some random rain and snow storms and you've got a definate winner!

I'm pretty sure that that would get us back pretty close to the original ideal of Formula 1 racing.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    At first glance I must admit that I didn't like the idea. But if you build upon it - by say - mandating that the drivers have to drive for a different team every race - the idea starts to show some merit. Add to that, by replacing points with medals (who could ever understand those numbers anyway) and throw in some random rain and snow storms and you've got a definate winner!

I'm pretty sure that that would get us back pretty close to the original ideal of Formula 1 racing.
    I would really like to know what you have been smoking.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    I would really like to know what you have been smoking.
    the same as Bernie and Stuart, clearly.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartf12007
    This is an idea and i think its a reasonable one.

The cars that the teams spend millions on building in the off season, should be the car they have to race with for the whole season.

So no upgrades once the season starts, this would end the whinging drivers always complaining saying "the car will be better, once we get the new aero package on it"

or as a compromise an upgrade window half way through the season, or something similar, ie, like the transfer window they have in football.

Discuss.

People have spoken. Your idea was met with the kind of contempt it so throughly deserved.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear

Wonderful ideas. I would also add this idea - Dump qualifying, Starting grid for the race should be made by picking numbers from hat, it would add the kind of spice to the show that us real racing fans have been wanting for for so long.
    "signature room for rent"