Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Attending Canadian GP - Need Advice

Going to my 2nd F1 race and looking for some advice RE seating and hotels.

[1] Was wondering if anybody had any opinions about the bronze-level tics ($350-$450)
    in the 30-34 sections, i.e. which is best?

[2] Any reasonable hotel recommendations.

[3] Any other suggested fun things to do there over the weekend.

I spent some time in Montreal on business and after racing at Mt Trembalnt, so I'm somewhat acquainted with the Vieux Montreal section, but would like any suggestions for the race weekend.

First F1 Race was Detroit in the 80's, think I paid $15 bucks for a seat in the empty grand stands - Keke!!
    Thanks!

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    I can give you my personal opinions of the track, from several GP visits.

Spectator viewing is difficult. I find the temporary stands are crowded with poor sight lines, so it is important which stand you choose. The entance into the hairpin (10) is a prime passing spot under braking, also good for lapping traffic. The best stand to see this action is from 24 a silver stand across the track from the action. I see your problem, in that the silver seats are $200 more than the bronze. Stand 34 would give a good view of the hairpin, but is sold out. If your budget is limited to bronze, stand 31 corner 9 would probably be the best pick.

I can't recommend any hotels, but you probably want one with parking, close to the Metro. The Metro is efficient and will get you to the track with a reasonable walk to corners 9 and 10. The Metro will also get you downtown to the bar and restaurant district. Parking for spectators is not available at the track anyway, so the Metro is the way to get there.

I am shocked by the difference in price between silver and bronze, but you are unlikely to save that much on a cheaper hotel room.
    Don't know how much this helps, but hope you do make the trip.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Born and raised in Montréal, but moved away in 2001 and have not attended a GP since ( ).
    I have only ever purchased the Silver tickets at the hairpin.

Yes, the Metro is great for getting around, including to the venue, but be prepared for a time consuming walk from the station to your grandstand. Although not a long distance, it does take a while amidst the throngs of people.
    Hotel accommodations for the race weekend sell out quickly so best to book early. Anywhere near downtown will be hideously expensive. An option would be to find a hotel outside of the downtown core but access to the Metro may then be difficult, so you may want to budget for taxi fare from hotel to Metro, or even directly to downtown.
    A more expensive option would be to rent a car for the w/end, but parking downtown is not only a nightmare but pricey.

During the w/end definitely check out Cresent Street downtown!

Feel free to PM if you have any specific questions
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks very much for that.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks as well - will PM for sure.

картриджи для

аксесуары для электронных сигарет кутулик аксесуары для электронных сигарет Кача