Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    Massa has proven he isn't up to it, someone will have to be drafted in to the team......
    A bit dangerous to talk like that right before the start of the season. First let's wait a little bit, what is going to happen.

Besides - Ferrari doesn't have a habit of hiring 35-y-o guys as full-time drivers. Usually Ferrari hires drivers with long-term perspective and is interested that this guy has many competitive years left in him.

I don't see, why should Red Bull definetely hire someone from STR or their own driver programme. Alguersuari or Buemi has to raise their game significantly for that. And Ricciardo isn't proven enough for such step yet, what if he flops in late-11 if he promoted in STR as race driver?

RBR has in the past shown their willingness to hire drivers outside their system (DC and Webber case in point) and 2012 might see third such example.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    A bit dangerous to talk like that right before the start of the season. First let's wait a little bit, what is going to happen.

Besides - Ferrari doesn't have a habit of hiring 35-y-o guys as full-time drivers. Usually Ferrari hires drivers with long-term perspective and is interested that this guy has many competitive years left in him.
    Sorry about the off-topic (season hasn't started yet) but once again I agree with jens, Massa'a career isn't over and I am sure he will show that this year
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    While Webber seems to have made up with Vettel and the management of RBR and they are all happy families again, I think all concerned probably realise thats its best for all concerned for Mark to move on next season. RBR want one of the Torro Rosso drivers to step up (which will actually end up being Ricciardo) and Webber I think is quite happy to move on.

With Kubica potentially out of the equation for a 2012 Ferrari drive, you can bet that Webber will be trying to angle for that seat as much as possible for 2012, he is one of the few guys in pit lane who gets on with Alonso, and is of a strong enough character to be able to put up with Fernando's ****... Think about it, who else would Ferrari be looking too for 2012? Massa has proven he isn't up to it, someone will have to be drafted in to the team......
    How has Massa proven he is not up to it, I mean he was the World Champion for few seconds in 2008? He had a bad season last year after his near fatal accident. IMO the jury is still out on the guy.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    How has Massa proven he is not up to it, I mean he was the World Champion for few seconds in 2008? He had a bad season last year after his near fatal accident. IMO the jury is still out on the guy.
    A few people will be surprised at how fast FM is this season, Mike as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rjl25
    he is one of the few guys in pit lane who gets on with Alonso, and is of a strong enough character to be able to put up with Fernando's ****... Think about it, who else would Ferrari be looking too for 2012? Massa has proven he isn't up to it, someone will have to be drafted in to the team......
    Nonsense, These guys are Pro's
    May the forza be with you

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    While Webber seems to have made up with Vettel and the management of RBR and they are all happy families again, I think all concerned probably realise thats its best for all concerned for Mark to move on next season. RBR want one of the Torro Rosso drivers to step up (which will actually end up being Ricciardo) and Webber I think is quite happy to move on.

With Kubica potentially out of the equation for a 2012 Ferrari drive, you can bet that Webber will be trying to angle for that seat as much as possible for 2012, he is one of the few guys in pit lane who gets on with Alonso, and is of a strong enough character to be able to put up with Fernando's ****... Think about it, who else would Ferrari be looking too for 2012? Massa has proven he isn't up to it, someone will have to be drafted in to the team......
    i would enjoy Webber at Ferrari for the moment when the team/Alonso demands he move over and Webber does not yield
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Felipe may have driven a great race in Brazil '08 but at no time was he WDC even for a split second. He just had more points than everyone else for a few seconds until the rest of the field crossed the line and collected their points.

If the jury is still out with Massa having been in F1 since 2002 then that suggests that he is too inconsistent to convince people that he can reach the heights on 2008 more than once.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Felipe may have driven a great race in Brazil '08 but at no time was he WDC even for a split second. He just had more points than everyone else for a few seconds until the rest of the field crossed the line and collected their points.

If the jury is still out with Massa having been in F1 since 2002 then that suggests that he is too inconsistent to convince people that he can reach the heights on 2008 more than once.
    and to be honest, he stole the Belgian GP, and punted LH in japan both of which really should have settled the WDC fight a long time before that. Not to mention that he had some rather unspectacular drives that year as well. Massa is a nice guy and a decent driver in a really good car. He is a classic front runner who drives away with the race in some clean air and if he takes the lead from the start. In every other circumstance he has shown to be rather average. I do like his guile though but to me Germany 2010 permanently ruined him IMO.

Ferrari are like a hot girl who for a while is interested in you and by her mere presence in life elevates your social status and gives you some moments of sheer bliss. but eventually she will tie of yo and look for the next guy that gets her excited. And before you know it you are out the door or relegated to occasional status with nary a recognition of all you did for them. Ferrari have broken up with massa, he just doesn't know it, even if all his friends and folks in general can see it.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1

The jury is still out because we don't know whether he is the same man as before the accident. Inconsistent, yes, but good enough to mount a serious championship challenge and without Timo Glock being extra careful, a WDC.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    DexDexter has a fair point about Massa. We also must not forget that over the last 5-6 years we have had lots of rule changes and drivers have had to adapt to a lot of very different types of cars. Some have managed to adapt well every year, others have found some sets of car configurations more likable than others. It remains to be seen, whether Massa can hit the sweetspot again with F150 like he did not only in 2008, but also in 2009 and a large part of 2007.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    seems Hamilton has announced that winning one or two WDCs is meaningless......so maybe he feels the "newey draft"
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: