Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We're gonna be busy here...

So with the prediction of 3-4 stops per car per race, Kers and the movable rear wing, there are going to be a LOT of speed differences between cars. This will most likely lead to a lot more incidents. We'll have a lot to debate. I wonder will the stewards be able to cope, and who will be first to be run off the road by Michael ?

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    KERS , they have experience with , but , anyone want to predict how long it will take before serious review , and removal of the moveable aspect of that rear wing ?
    Mind you , it may be hard to pinpoint the real culprit , as far as direct reasons for crashes goes , as there are so many variables added here .

A car with good skins and KERS might be able to defend against more worn tires , KERS , and that wing thing .
    KERS and the wing thing might be too much for the tires , leaving you vulnerable and slow , or stopping more .
    Too much sensory input might be too much to cope with for the odd driver in the clutch(pardon the pun) situation .

I must admit to having a fair amount of anticipation , especially with the opener delayed , of this seaon being pretty interesting .
    Although , it does look like it might be pretty screwed up with controversy .
    I just hope nobody gets hurt .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like how F1 changes every year, keeps things exciting, really looking forward to how things play out.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Bernie himself has said he can't see how the moveable wing thing can be sensibly enforced if you are 'within a second' of the car in front. It'll probably be at the first race where some team complains that a driver is using the moveable wing when they aren't within a second, it'll be chaos.

The tyres will be an issue for the first few races, but (do we have to say it again) it's what the teams and the FIA asked for, but if they want changes I'm sure Pirelli will respond. The FIA could help by getting rid of the stupid "two types of tyre" rule, and just let Pirelli bring a single type of tyre, this will reduce costs for everyone and allow more interesting strategies. As far from shaking things up having to use both types of tyre actually reduces the options the teams have for strategy and if they are going to do more or less stops than the opposition.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I hope by the time f1 gets to europe they will have realized moveable rear wings (as they are to be used under the current rules) are the dumbest idea ever and be done with them. I don't know if this kind of pathetic show they try to put on is worth waking up at 5 or 6 AM for.

All this talk about improving the show makes me sick. They are there to compete not to put on shows.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    I'm betting that Alonzo is the first to feel the Shu Shoulder... don't ask me why, I just feel it in me waters

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Bernie himself has said he can't see how the moveable wing thing can be sensibly enforced if you are 'within a second' of the car in front. It'll probably be at the first race where some team complains that a driver is using the moveable wing when they aren't within a second, it'll be chaos.
    I thought the onboard computer controlled whether the driver can use it.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    That would be sensible, but I believe is not the case.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    There is some question whether the driver the driver behind , entering the zone , must already be close enough to activate , or whether he may enter the zone , and get close enough inside it , to activate it .
    If he's allowed to enter the zone too far behind to activate , but allowed to minimize the wing once he gets close enough whilst in the zone , then doesn't it open it up that the driver being passed may also activate once passed ?
    That's not confusing at all .

And , doesn't sound dangerous at all , either .
    ( by the way , if you didn't catch the sarcasm dripping from my last two sentences , this is your heads up )

In my opinion , they must allow them to use the device whenever they wish , or ban it .
    It is too friggin dangerous , and waaaaaaaay to friggin complicated any other way .

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    There is some question whether the driver the driver behind , entering the zone , must already be close enough to activate , or whether he may enter the zone , and get close enough inside it , to activate it .
    If he's allowed to enter the zone too far behind to activate , but allowed to minimize the wing once he gets close enough whilst in the zone , then doesn't it open it up that the driver being passed may also activate once passed ?
    That's not confusing at all .

And , doesn't sound dangerous at all , either .
    ( by the way , if you didn't catch the sarcasm dripping from my last two sentences , this is your heads up )

In my opinion , they must allow them to use the device whenever they wish , or ban it .
    It is too friggin dangerous , and waaaaaaaay to friggin complicated any other way .
    Amen