Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    P8 and 9 in the first battle. Let's see if they reverse the trend of slipping backwards as the race progresses.
    Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead... the wicked witch is dead...!!!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Add some comments that I forgot before. I have to admit that Toyota managed to surprise even me. But reliablity still seems to be an issue and quali showed those worries - and still the same gearbox problems haven't disappeared. It's gonna be tough 58 laps. I suspect that if at least one car manages to get to the chequered flag without problems, then that would already be a decent achievement. Recently Toyota has had too many races with both cars pulling into the garage - last year China and Brazil.

But also I'd say well-done to their very criticized drivers, who this time managed to take practically maximum out of that mediocre package!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Yes, Toyota were solid in qualifying. Honda on the other hand were abyssmal. Maybe the name of the thread should be changed.
    Formula 1

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Go Jarnoooo !
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Tho I rather suspect that Honda's budget is considerably smaller...

Again, qualifying is one thing, the race is another... I just hope that Massa can get past them and give us an entertaining afternoon!

Congratulations again to Toyota on pulling the cat out of the bag But surely it shouldn't have been in there in the first place!?

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well they did better than I thought but we will have to see how their strategy plays out tomorrow.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Breeze
    Its a good thing for Toyota that Williams will be on track to save them face (and, ironically, humble them). Its early times, I know, but already they are an embarassment to themselves. SPANKED by their own customer, Williams, in both sessions is just shameful. If they don't rebound today, maybe they should think about buying last years Williams chassis, eh?
    A wee misjudgement....don't jump the gun....although with the race still to come........!!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Toyota have done silly low-fuel qualifying before now, only in the race will we see what their true pace is. But credit where it's due: they certainly did better than I expected in qually.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I agree with Dave. Probably low fuel load, although they did make top 10. But things like the jack flying onto the track should not happen.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    I agree with Dave. Probably low fuel load, although they did make top 10. But things like the jack flying onto the track should not happen.
    Low fuel load? In Q1 and Q2 everyone runs with low fuel load, so they got into Top10 purely on their own merit!

And in fact - in Q2 Toyotas lost by about 1,3 secs to the first one. In the last session, where cars ran with race fuel load, Toyotas lost 2+ seconds to the winner, which indicates that Toyota is actually quite heavy.