Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Toyota, what an embarassment.

Its a good thing for Toyota that Williams will be on track to save them face (and, ironically, humble them). Its early times, I know, but already they are an embarassment to themselves. SPANKED by their own customer, Williams, in both sessions is just shameful. If they don't rebound today, maybe they should think about buying last years Williams chassis, eh?
    I work for profit!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Not that Honda are doing any better and luckily they have Super Aguri too!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Toyota are spending a small fortune on their F1 program, with worryingly poor results. I often read that their corporate culture makes them slow to respond as all the big decisions are taken in the boardroom back in Japan, not on the factory floor.

It's also said that being based in Germany is hurting them as they struggle to attract top talent from rival teams.

Their drivers are steady if unspectacular (sorry pino!), but clearly there's a big problem somewhere as a team with that much money should be performing at or near the front by now.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Prediction: Nothing will improve by 2008 and in 2009 the Toyota name will only be found in F1 as an engine supplier. The rest the team assets will be sold as scrap since no team wants to open shop in Cologne (only idiot Ove did).
    Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead... the wicked witch is dead...!!!

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Yes Yes my man "Ovary" a F1 legend in his own mind. When you go to a fish house don't order steak. Plus Lutefisk is NOT sushi !! no matter how much lye you put on it!!!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think many people take them seriously, which they should be, considering the amount of money they put into it. It just goes to show it's not just money that makes an F1 team.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A lengen in somebody else's mind at Toyota since they still have Ove as a "consultant". So yes, there are obviously more idiots involved (aside from Ralfie, of course).
    Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead... the wicked witch is dead...!!!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    What an attitude. If Toyota team is struggling, then their drivers are crap, if some other team is in trouble, then the drivers are just "innocent sufferers". If that is not a biased view, then what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Not that Honda are doing any better and luckily they have Super Aguri too!
    Agreed. And I haven't noticed anyone saying that Honda is full of idiots etc.

People always fail to treat Toyota the same way as others. Of course they have done mistakes, but they are a normal racing team like all the others, not a "special" I don't know what. Sometimes it looks like Toyota is a criminal and should be treated the same way as the others are "nice ones".

Anyway, actually in practice Toyota performed better than I feared (in last positions), which might indicate that they might be getting out of the deepest hole. But are they the last ones or manage to get into Q2, has to be seen tomorrow.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    It's also said that being based in Germany is hurting them as they struggle to attract top talent from rival teams.
    BMW-Sauber are based in Switzerland and they do ok.

Ferrari is one of only 2 teams based in Italy and they seem to be ok too...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    People always fail to treat Toyota the same way as others. .
    Probably on account of their MASSIVE BUDGET and half-assed results. Similar to how BAR was slagged in the early years. And with good reason on both accounts. Too bad for Ralf and Jarno really, to be surrounded with so much incompetence. But it doesn't seem they've done anything to elevate Toyota's game either.
    I work for profit!