Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F1 2011 app

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Which Android app did you get? I can only see the Soft Pauer one, and I'm not paying £20 for data I can get for free via FOM and the BBC.

I gave my 4-screen setup a test run yesterday: 1x42" for the main feed, 2x22" for onboard and driver tracker, and a 32" turned portrait for live timing and Twitter
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    New F1 regs will be that the drivers must send a tweet during each of their pit stops before they are allowed to continue.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Does that mean that they would be fined £60 and given points on their licenses at Silverstone?

I haven't looked at twitter since the end of last season. Is Heikki Kovalainen still obsessed with playing Golf?
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    Does that mean that they would be fined £60 and given points on their licenses at Silverstone?

I haven't looked at twitter since the end of last season. Is Heikki Kovalainen still obsessed with playing Golf?
    To be honest I skip passed most of it but I think the gist of it is... yes..

Some tweets are quite interesting during a race weekend, or testing, but outside of that I'm not so bothered.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    New F1 regs will be that the drivers must send a tweet during each of their pit stops before they are allowed to continue.
    Ferrari are rumored to be replacing their electronic lollipop system with Twitter...

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Which Android app did you get? I can only see the Soft Pauer one, and I'm not paying £20 for data I can get for free via FOM and the BBC.

I gave my 4-screen setup a test run yesterday: 1x42" for the main feed, 2x22" for onboard and driver tracker, and a 32" turned portrait for live timing and Twitter
    just go to the official F1 website and right there on the homepage they point you to the new 2011 app which now has an android one. or go to the android market and type in Formula1.com 2011
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B

There are two versions, the Soft Pauer one that you pay £20 for and has the live track map etc. (tracks each car so you can see where they are at any given time), the other version is free from Formula1.com and literally just gives you timings and standings etc. It's mainly useful if there's a race that you can't watch and are out and about (for me a lot of races clash with sprint events so that's when I tend to use it). This is all on Apple but I suspect Android will have these ones too.

Incidentally the Soft Pauer 2009 app is still for sale on the App Store, £2.99 for the privilege of timings that are 2 years out of date.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    just go to the official F1 website and right there on the homepage they point you to the new 2011 app which now has an android one. or go to the android market and type in Formula1.com 2011
    Found it, thanks
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    there is a site already that tracks on track location..I think. I have to dig in my bookmarks to find it. Never really used it since I watched the races and use livetiming
    you can't argue with results.