Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    How is that possible...you'd lose feeling in your feet?!?
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Regarding whether the feet are above or below the buttocks, I suppose on the Red Bull it depends on the speed it's doing

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    How is that possible...you'd lose feeling in your feet?!?
    I guess if you sat for that a long time not moving that's probably true, however they are constantly moving their feet to operate the pedals so that will keep the circulation going.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Most cars you can't see the nose of anyway. My MR2 road car I can't actually see the front and in the Caterham type thing that me and my dad use it's even worse, especially as the harness holds you to yourseat. It's all about knowing where the edge of the car is and most drivers have been doing it for so long that it's second nature.

Surprised by the 'arse lower than feet' thing though, I thought they sat with legs outstretched in front of them rather than up.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Most cars you can't see the nose of anyway. My MR2 road car I can't actually see the front and in the Caterham type thing that me and my dad use it's even worse, especially as the harness holds you to yourseat. It's all about knowing where the edge of the car is and most drivers have been doing it for so long that it's second nature.

Surprised by the 'arse lower than feet' thing though, I thought they sat with legs outstretched in front of them rather than up.
    I guess they want their heads to be as low as they can in the car - for one thing obstructing the airbox has been a problem in the past, and to achieve that they need to get their 'arses' down as low as possible, but then it turns out that the pedals can't be that low, so you have the situation described.

Driving an F1 car must be a strange experience indeed.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    I don't hear the drivers complaining about this, For me, it's a non-issue. These are the best drivers in the world, they should be able to deal with the strange seating position. besides, the junior formulae do prepare them for the most part anyway nowadays. They race on tracks with several miles of run off anyway nowadays, For me the harder (as long as its relatively safe) the better.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seems comfortable to me. Hell, if they weren't racing, then they'd take a nap!

Kind of reminds me of this little beauty...

Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I too didn't know that their backside was actually lower than the pedals, I suppose that explains the bath comment! I guess it's strange for most of us who are all used to driving in a sitting upright position.
    Have you ever noticed the raised nose cones might have something to do with it?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Drivers have been very low in the car for about 10 years or more now primarily for CofG. Also, it shhould be noted that the pics markabilly posted show the drivers looking to the corner apex on turn in, so their hands arent blocking their line of sight.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Watching the older cars pre-Imola '94, it's so easy to admire the the workrate put into the cars from the steering wheel whereas today with the naked eye, standing trackside I find it much more difficult. Either I have an untrained eye or what Mark Hugh's contribution to GP reports is utter bollox