Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    I thought of them while watching the sessions today.

I wonder if after failing to Qualify tomorrow they may go the same way.
    HRT are much much faster than Mastercard Lola ever were. A good performance from them today, both cars up and running for several laps after no testing at all. When (IF) they get their new front wing and some more track time, they'll qualify for the races.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Liuzzi was two seconds off the Virgin in what really was a shakedown. I expect the HRT be on Virgin's level in a couple of races. Lotus is a bigger dissapointment, they are now two seconds off the midfield.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    HRT are much much faster than Mastercard Lola ever were. A good performance from them today, both cars up and running for several laps after no testing at all. When (IF) they get their new front wing and some more track time, they'll qualify for the races.
    yep, I too thought they acquitted themselves admirably
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    Liuzzi was two seconds off the Virgin in what really was a shakedown. I expect the HRT be on Virgin's level in a couple of races. Lotus is a bigger dissapointment, they are now two seconds off the midfield.
    I think Lotus had some nagging problems with the car that didn't allow them to show their true pace. I expect a better race performance and by Malaysia a much improved overall performance
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Turned out Liuzzi did pretty well and Karthikeyan well he just needs more laps.

I assume they will not get a reprive to race this weekend?

It looks as though Liuzzi may Qualify in the next few races.

Just hope they can keep going while they don't get to race.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    I think Lotus had some nagging problems with the car that didn't allow them to show their true pace. I expect a better race performance and by Malaysia a much improved overall performance
    Heikki said they couldn't get any heat into the tires and were just sliding around.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    I assume they will not get a reprive to race this weekend?
    It's now been confirmed that they will not be allowed to race.

I think that's the right decision on this occasion, a few tenths outside might be ok but not a few seconds.

Some of you said they did well in the circumstances which may be true but it was themselves that got them in those circumstances.

Seems all three new teams from last year are suffering "difficult second season" syndrome. None of them had such problems qualifying last year. I guess trying to design and build a new car at the same time as racing at the end of last year was tough. Plus of course none of them have KERS.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    It's now been confirmed that they will not be allowed to race.

I think that's the right decision on this occasion, a few tenths outside might be ok but not a few seconds.

Some of you said they did well in the circumstances which may be true but it was themselves that got them in those circumstances.

Seems all three new teams from last year are suffering "difficult second season" syndrome. None of them had such problems qualifying last year. I guess trying to design and build a new car at the same time as racing at the end of last year was tough. Plus of course none of them have KERS.
    They didn't have 107% last year.

given the track time Hispania did ok, and they might be able to qualify after some proper track time in pratice sessions. i guess the next race is key for that, if they fail there they may as well pack up and go home, the other teams aren't going to wait aound for them to catch up
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    They didn't have 107% last year.
    Ooops, yeah. Did forget that but even so I can't remember any of them being that far off the pace last year?

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    i think Hispania were outside the theoretical 107% a few time last year, possibly Virgin as well, but i'm not certain. I wasn't a regular thing from memory
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.