Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    His name has been added to the pickems list - if you really think it's likely he'll feature in the top 8
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As far as I know De la Rosa was not able to find the money for the seat....
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Fair enough. What happens after a few races if he doesn't pay the bills - who will replace him?
    same guy as last year
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by Donney
    And good news for Hispania, he is a driver with some Kms under his belt and should help the team to move forward.
    klien and Chandhock have KM's under their belt, and Nk has had a full season at Jordan so the thing about experience is overblown, especially if the only experience you have is about under-performing your entire career and having an ego that far exceeds his talent. To me Liuzzi has had more than his fair shot in F1 and has severely failed to impress. This is a money thing to me, no matter how he pretends it isn;t, the delay in the announcement was due to the sponsorship details having to be ironed out.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt
    I wonder if force india is paying for the year
    breach of contract $$$$$$$$$$ be cheaper to pay for him for the year at Hispania $$$$$$
    that might explain his signing, although I think that liuzzi brought money to the table

Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    There really weren't any better options available to HRT. Klien doesn't have a better CV than Liuzzi F1 since he really didn't perform at Red Bull and De La Rosa is simply too old and wasn't impressive against Kobayashi, a mediocre at best.
    Klien's CV is miles better than Liuzzi's and in the year that they shared the drive, it was no match, hands down klien was the better driver, and still is IMO

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Klien's CV is miles better than Liuzzi's and in the year that they shared the drive, it was no match, hands down klien was the better driver, and still is IMO
    In the interest of fairness, Liuzzi was a rookie then and Klien wasn't, although I still agree that Klien's better.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I too would have preferred Klien to get this seat. He did a good job for Hispania last year despite being rusty whereas Liuzzi didn't do so great for Force India.

Liuzzi was very evasive about answering whether he paid for this drive and how long the contract is for, so I think it is a case of the drive is his for as long as he can pay.

However I doubt either Klien or Liuzzi are/would be paying big bucks (like Karthikeyan) for this drive so it is good to see Hispania not just 'taking the money' Surely there are some moneyed chaps in GP2 who could have paid quite a bit for this drive?

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I don't know, why are people so fascinated by Klien. He got a clear beating by Coulthard. Maybe over the years he has improved (although without racing that would have been difficult to do), but CV-wise he is actually worse than Liuzzi. The Italian has a F3000 title to his name and had very high expectations early in his career. Klien has never been a big future talent.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I don't know, why are people so fascinated by Klien. He got a clear beating by Coulthard. Maybe over the years he has improved (although without racing that would have been difficult to do), but CV-wise he is actually worse than Liuzzi. The Italian has a F3000 title to his name and had very high expectations early in his career. Klien has never been a big future talent.
    Reason is that nowdays people are tired of eating spaghetti and lasagne...they prefere hamburger and fish&chips :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life