Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    I think that liuzzi and hispania are pretty well matched, good luck to them both, they'll need it
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To me signing Liuzzi gives HRT a lot more credibility. He has had his ups and downs but he is a proper, pretty experienced F1 driver. Applause to Hispania.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Rats! I'm mildly disappointed Klien didn't get the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Better than nothing for Liuzzi I guess, taking count the very low rate of experienced drivers who were able to re-launch their career driving for backmarkers.
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    I wonder if force india is paying for the year
    breach of contract $$$$$$$$$$ be cheaper to pay for him for the year at Hispania $$$$$$
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    Rats! I'm mildly disappointed Klien didn't get the seat.
    Same here. I hope he gets another shot!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Fair enough. What happens after a few races if he doesn't pay the bills - who will replace him?
    Does Liuzzi really pay for his seat? Somehow I doubt about that.

Which makes the signing surprising to me - I didn't expect HRT to attract such a competent driver for themselves. Even if Tonio has been underwhelming in better teams, for a hopeless backmarker he is as good as you can get. But perhaps Narain and TATA are paying so much that HRT could afford to take another driver basically for free.

Also quite a good benchmark for Karthikeyan. Let's see, how (un)competitive he is after all those years out of F1. Perhaps in qualifying sessions he can at times beat Liuzzi considering either driver's strengths and weaknesses.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Sometimes it seems that it's harder to leave F1 than it is to get into it. With all due respect to Liuzzi, his performances have not warranted a continued drive in F1. If HRT were looking for an expereinced driver then De La Rosa would seem to be a better option. He's no slower than Liuzzi and has a wealth of McLaren expereince behind him. Maybe he wasn't interested?
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Sometimes it seems that it's harder to leave F1 than it is to get into it. With all due respect to Liuzzi, his performances have not warranted a continued drive in F1. If HRT were looking for an expereinced driver then De La Rosa would seem to be a better option. He's no slower than Liuzzi and has a wealth of McLaren expereince behind him. Maybe he wasn't interested?
    I thought Pedro was back with McLaren, no?
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    There really weren't any better options available to HRT. Klien doesn't have a better CV than Liuzzi F1 since he really didn't perform at Red Bull and De La Rosa is simply too old and wasn't impressive against Kobayashi, a mediocre at best.
    “Leave me alone!”