Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dinner Party Guests

OK, you have a private Dinner party and can invite 3 guests from F1. Past or present. Alive or Dead.

Who and why?

1. Big Bernie. From racing cars including a F1 meeting, being a Team owner, masterminding a Coup, redefining the whole of F1 and being involved in just about every contentious event ever to happen in the sport.

2. Schumy. I would love to get the inside tract on the most influential driver of the modern era. I also like his sense of humour.

3. Not too sure. Colin Chapman perhaps or Rob Walker as the master Garageists. Mike Hailwood or Hawthorne from a racing perspective or Ron Dennis, Frank Williams or even ken Tyrrell as owners. Will pick one later in the thread.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Depends if they have to tell you the truth, you can never get much out of Bernie or Schumacher at the best of times.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Rubens

Jackie Stewart

Ayrton Senna

Three guys I'd like to shoot the breeze with.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    OK, you have a private Dinner party and can invite 3 guests from F1.
    Can't we have a bigger table? :
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Gilles, Michael, Jarno...and I will bring the wine
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Alain Prost, Ayrton Senna and Jean Marie Ballestre. Dave Lamb providing the voice over, 4 meals on different nights hosted by each guest - sorted.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Depends if they have to tell you the truth, you can never get much out of Bernie or Schumacher at the best of times.
    What on earth gave you that idea?

Are you assuming Schumi's game face is also the same outside the racing enviroment? Do you not remember how jovial he was with the BBC F1 in 2009 or even his appearance on Top Gear?

http://community.evo.co.uk/users/Har...ael-Schumacher

I did an interview with Michael Schumacher, which all happened quite by chance. I'd learnt he was about to become an ambassador for the up-market watch brand, Audemars Piquet, so a trip to Germany was quickly arranged and a few days later, there I was, chatting with Michael Schumacher. All quite bizarre, especially as he wasn't at all like the person I was expecting.

For starters, he's not nearly as serious as he seems on the telly. Get him off the subject of Formula One and suddenly he's a different person. Seems he realises anything he says about F1 will be scrutinised in the minutest detail and, as a result, he watches exactly what he says, just in case he gives something away he perhaps shouldn't. But ask about his watch collection, past cars he's owned, or even the slightly odd necklace he always seems to wear (a tiger tooth apparently) and he'll happily rabbit on for hours.

After the presentation, I watched him work the room and he stuck around for far longer than anyone had expected, mainly because he really does likes watches and seemed genuinely excited he's now got the chance to work with AP on a new movement to be released sometime in the future.

There's that saying about some people being comfortable in their own skin and for me, that would sum up Michael Schumacher perfectly. At this event he was accompanied by his personal PA but at no point did she step in to stop him saying something, in fact, she spent most of the time talking to other people in the room.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Senna,

Coulthard

Barrichello

I'm not Schumacher's biggest fan - but I can see why he would be an interesting guy to chat with.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Schumi, Senna & Fangio.

Love to hear all three talk to each other, and what would they talk about.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Alain Prost, Ayrton Senna and Jean Marie Ballestre. Dave Lamb providing the voice over, 4 meals on different nights hosted by each guest - sorted.
    I am loving this idea
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.