Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    I meant to say it earlier, but will say it now. Thanks much, Russ

I've been thinking about shedding a few pounds myself, if my crazy work/sleep/eating schedule will ever let me
    SloryDn1,

You are very welcomed. Would you care to share more about your schedule for the benefit of everyone on the board. I know we can all relate to trying and struggling to fit it all in. The big thing we try to do is make sure that we find the time but that we don't waste your time. Bottom line is we want to tailor your approach for maximum return for your efforts.

Also feel free to private message me with any of your questions. I think we can get some good things done here and help you meet your goals.

Russ.
    Check out an actual sport specific workout for auto and moto racers.
    http://racersworkout.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Helmet Talk inspiration: Highly successful people keep at it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another Golden Key to Health: Muscle Strength

Moving a little out of order on the 5 Golden Keys. I wanted to share a Helmet Talk with you instead yesterday. So that is why.

We'll get back on track today.

Today's 3rd Golden Key to Health is Muscle strength using resistance training. This usually means weights, either machine or free style (dumb bells). Beyond the advantages it brings for people in competitive sports, the more recent studies are numerous that resistance training is valuable for all of us. First, it strengthens bones and muscles which makes us more durable as we age. It also aids in fat burning. It is well known in my field that people who incorporate weight training into their routines are more easily able to maintain a healthy weight and reach their body ideal.

For us Racers, we are more interested in kicking butt. Weight Training is my number 1 tool to change performance. So check out Muscle Strength. The 3rd Golden Key to health.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1FFi..._order&list=UL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kasey taking first at Darlington Truck Race

Proud of Kasey, my friend and tough as nails client. He has the will to win but way more importantly: he has the will to PREPARE to win. Looking for big things this year from him. Wanted to let everyone know that will is inside any of us who have a vision of an exciting outcome. It is really all about passion.

Russ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had a more personal question for you, Mr. Bohaty,

I'm curious to know about what type of education you have and what kind of certification(s) you have that allows you to have the type of job you have? I ask this because I have a friend in college who has a fitness background (he played sports through high school and still workouts whenever he can) and he decided not to long ago that he wants a career in this field. What type of things would you suggest for him to do at college and beyond in order to become the type of fitness trainer that you are?

Thank you.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My path to being a fitness instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ICWS
    I had a more personal question for you, Mr. Bohaty,

I'm curious to know about what type of education you have and what kind of certification(s) you have that allows you to have the type of job you have? I ask this because I have a friend in college who has a fitness background (he played sports through high school and still workouts whenever he can) and he decided not to long ago that he wants a career in this field. What type of things would you suggest for him to do at college and beyond in order to become the type of fitness trainer that you are?

Thank you.

ICSW,

First I wish your friend the best. That time when you are building and figuring out the path that most excites you and then tearing after at full throttle is very exciting. (and that feeling is there for all of us folks. Don't forget that.)

I also wanna say that it is very flattering you'd ask me about my path. My credentials mostly come from the school of hard knocks. Trial and error. I am certified through ISSA and I am finishing up training at the Cooper Health Clinic in Dallas TX. This is an industry you never stop learning in. I am big on getting feed back from my clients, Racers Workout owners and really anyone who has something to share on the subject. Back when I first started training in the early 90s I was working out motocross racers in Minnesota.

Troy Dollansky, Craigs brother, was a top racer in district 23 and a champion. He worked out at my gym in my home and he brought in a video of Jerome Magraths work outs. It was fantastic. We picked up lots sports specific things that pertainned to racers both bike and car racers. That's when his brother Craig started in sprint cars and working out with us.

Those Dollansky boys could do 4 sets of 20 squats with 225 waits. Let me tell u those boys were in shape. I used to run with Roger Rager another top sprint car and indy car racer from Minnesota. Roger could pickup the front end of a sprint car and curl it 5 times. U talk about Strong. Doug Wolfgang was a work out machine lifting and running every day. That's where I got my education from those guys. Dick Trickle was another magician in a race car and he and I were good freinds too. His moto was U GOTA WANA. So who wants to win the most is the KEY because that person will have the will to PREPARE to be successful.

For me it really started with the love of racing and racers generally and I adapted my background and learning focus to serve them. I would say that attitude of service is key in this industry. My focus is on doing whatever I can to make my client/product user successful. That is my value to him or her. If we can't get results, I am of no value.

So that goal drove my acquisition of knowledge. I knew I wanted to train racers for peak performance in their sport and passion for that dictated my learning.

I went a little long there. But it brought back so many great memories.

Russ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey everyone,

My guy Craig Dollansky was the World of Outlaw Sprint Series winner this weekend in Chico, California. Chalk up another one for a talented driver, who works hard at his craft. This is a driver that takes his fitness seriously too.

A background story for you about Preparation: While out on the west coast the last 20 days. The Dollansky boys stay near a Golds Gym. Craig along with his brother Troy an son luke. They called me. Troy Dollansky asked me for some recommened work outs to get stronger and better for the races. They weren't interested in sitting around letting the competition get ahead of them. So I gave them the GUNS FROM HELL work. They loved it and the loved the results out on the track. I'll be damned if he didn't win that world of outlaw race saturday night. You wanna win races like the Dollanskys. That's what we're here for.

This is a tough person's sport and we'll make you tougher and better.

Here's the link to the article about Craig's win:

http://www.woosprint.com/

Russ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Racers,

I wanted to wish you great success this weekend if you are competing. If you aren't, best in all your other endeavors. A friend of mine has a great motto that is so powerful. He says: "Now is a perfect time to turn it all around." When you think about it, what we have is where we are at right now. If you aren't where you want to be in any area of your life, it is fine.

Just start on the new path right now and put the past away. The journey of many miles begins and is built with small consistent steps. Like the great baseball manager Sparky Anderson was fond of saying: "I don't live in the past, there's now future in it." As we get to know each other better, I'd like to share some more of my story and how making the commitment to start fresh in the moment really saved me and brought me to the exciting place of being here with all you racers.

For now, just have a great weekend and I'll probably be on here tomorrow if anyone wants to chat about fitness or peak performance in general.

Here's to winning! Russ*

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like to call this post: Things change in a big way if you get your mind right.

Back in a past life before I got serious into training, I was involved heavily in the "unreal" world of professional wrestling. Back in Minnesota, I was a ring announcer for the American Wrestling Alliance (AWA). I knew well known guys like Mean Gene Okerlund, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, and Curt Henning. I knew them very well. I met a lot of great people. But overall wrestling is an insanely tough unforgiving business that often leads huge burnout and many times serious post traumatic type difficulties among the wrestlers.

Myself, I was involved in a lot of partying and not taking proper care of myself. The whole lifestyle and the people I was around was promoting a direction that was leading to a lot of dissatisfaction. I was medicating the deep seeded negativity for a temporary good time. Luckily I was able to take stock and decided what I wanted my ideal life to look like. I got brutally honest with myself about whether the path I was on was taking me there.

I started a new journey towards exciting fun goals and even though it can be a long path with set backs, I would never trade it for the temporary highs of too many late nights with the wrong crowd. Racers Workout really is something special just like all the racers around the country who put it all on the line. It is for them. The thing that really makes it go is you. A racer who has that clear vision, is sticking with the right crowd of positive people and will do the work, will see indescribable gains in the gym and big time results on the track.

The commitment to that new you starts now. You'll have more fun then any old over the top night with the wrong crowd of people holding you back. I promise you that.

Best and we'll be talking soon,

Russ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wanted to share this video with you. One of my favorites featuring one of my favorite guys: Travis Rilat, The Texas Tornado. Enjoy and hope you are winning big this weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgbFa..._order&list=UL

Russ