Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Well did they?? maybe i'm getting old, I somewhat remember they said the tires should fit the 15" gravel rims...

But if you look at every year I don't think you will find stagetimes as fast than in 2010 with the wider "slower" tires
    yes the 15'' rims/tyres were for cost cutting,but the wider not.
    2010 fast times were on Pirellis,now with Michelins

See what Jari said about wider tyres at 2011 Sweden...

Jari-Matti LAtvala on WRC Radio. "It was a difficult morning. We had the wide tyre and they can't go through the snow and you end up driving on top of the snow, which makes it very slippery.

Live Sweden Rally 2011 Day 1 | Motors TV

Quote Originally Posted by skarderud
    That will, sadly, never happen. Mikkos citroen is superior what Henning get from Ford!
    How do you know that?

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    yes the 15'' rims/tyres were for cost cutting,but the wider not.
    2010 fast times were on Pirellis,now with Michelins

See what Jari said about wider tyres at 2011 Sweden...

Jari-Matti LAtvala on WRC Radio. "It was a difficult morning. We had the wide tyre and they can't go through the snow and you end up driving on top of the snow, which makes it very slippery.

Live Sweden Rally 2011 Day 1 | Motors TV
    Well that only proves JML agree with me see my previos post.
    Using an 7" wide 15" gravel rim is why they are wider, not because FIA told Pirelli or Michelin to make them wider..

But let us just stop it there and bring on Sweden

Well that only proves JML agree with me see my previos post.
    i saw your previous post,and while Jari said that wider tyres can t find grip on ice,you said that they are faster because 2010 times were better.You can t compare so much differen t things,different make tyres(michelin vs pirelli)different dimensions tyres, different cars(1,6 vs 2,0) and 1 year different snow covered road,while in the same day,in the same road there is so much difference from first pass,to second pass for the same stage.
    Using an 7" wide 15" gravel rim is why they are wider, not because FIA told Pirelli or Michelin to make them wider..
    Fia knew that a wider tyre is slower,don t you think? or you think that fia didn t know that you can t produce a 145 section width tyre in a 7'' rim?

I think the narrow tire is better when there is an soft top (snow) over the ice.
    i saw your previous post,and while Jari said that wider tyres can t find grip on ice,you said that they are faster because 2010 times were better.You can t compare so much differen t things,different make tyres(michelin vs pirelli)different dimensions tyres, different cars(1,6 vs 2,0) and 1 year different snow covered road,while in the same day,in the same road there is so much difference from first pass,to second pass for the same stage.

Fia knew that a wider tyre is slower,don t you think? or you think that fia didn t know that you can t produce a 145 section width tyre in a 7'' rim?
    You are giving FIA too much credit

I am starting to wonder if you has seen the "wrc" tires, yes the "footprint" is wider but not in a long way as wide as an normal (gravel) 205/15
    studs are the same as before and the pattern is more open. I would say that a car standing still has as much rubber and studs at the ground
    as before, but yes, wider if you get what I mean.

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    How do you know that?
    Know? Well, last years says it all. Henning is fast on loose surface, and yes, still is! But old parts, "adjusted" ecu and so on gives the answear.
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Craig Breen off the road

Watch Craig Been go off the road after full speed over two crests in Rally Finnskog. It all happens after 2:44. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqgucZ5gaWc

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Dear Norwegians - does anyone know did Henning have onboard camera in Rally Finnskogen?
    Satakymppi, oikee yks