Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Wuss
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    When I lived in England we had a huge slug called Fred who used to live in the downstairs bogroom, much to the disgust of our two female housemates.
    I don't know which one of them ended up treading on the poor bloke. We would have gladly paid a vet whatever it would have taken to resurrect him but unfortunately his injuries were too massive
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    When I lived in England we had a huge slug called Fred who used to live in the downstairs bogroom, much to the disgust of our two females housemates.
    I don't know which one of them ended up treading on the poor bloke. We would have gladly paid a vet whatever it would have taken to resurrect him but unfortunately his injuries were too massive
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    At no point. If you take the step of taking an animal, then you are responsible for its health and well-being.
    Which is true, but at some point you are keeping an animal alive only for your own benefit. If they require treatments that would stress them unfairly, I believe you're a rotten animal owner if you go ahead with those treatments.
    For example, a horse I owned had laminitis (a very painful hoof/blood condition with no cure, just treatment). She was unhappy with the treatment, so we had her shot at home. No way is keeping a depressed pet alive, just so you don't have the pain of his or her death, fair.
    Plus, of course, it's just plain wrong to spend all of your available money on one case when you would perhaps be scrimping on another pet (or family member) as a result. I would never take out loans to cover vet costs. If I can't afford fair and reasonable costs, I don't take on the animal - which I why I turned down a free horse last week and only took on six new hens rather than the 12 I have room for.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My limit when it comes to a chicken is anything that prevents this.

BTW I grew up around many farm animals including Chickens.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    Which is true, but at some point you are keeping an animal alive only for your own benefit. If they require treatments that would stress them unfairly, I believe you're a rotten animal owner if you go ahead with those treatments.
    True. very, but for some of us that is a very difficult conclusion to reach. I was not a pet person at all, until that alley cat came along.

Later I had to go to assist in getting some relative out of jail for DWI, whose pet had been seized by animal control as aprt of the arrest, since hte dog was riding in the car. Of course, I got to see all the other dogs and cats where if they do not get claimed with three or four days, they are put down. So sad to see those would-be pets from babies to old adults, locked up and facing death whose only sin was that they did not have someone to love them enough to take care of them....Meanwhile back over at the jail, I saw some scary folks, whose sins were HUGE and nasty, and got to wondering if we were euthanizing the wrong group of animals...

needless to say, all of our pets have come from shelters, except for the first alley cat who just wandered in from somewhere.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    True. very, but for some of us that is a very difficult conclusion to reach. I was not a pet person at all, until that alley cat came along.

Later I had to go to assist in getting some relative out of jail for DWI, whose pet had been seized by animal control as aprt of the arrest, since hte dog was riding in the car. Of course, I got to see all the other dogs and cats where if they do not get claimed with three or four days, they are put down. So sad to see those would-be pets from babies to old adults, locked up and facing death whose only sin was that they did not have someone to love them enough to take care of them....Meanwhile back over at the jail, I saw some scary folks, whose sins were HUGE and nasty, and got to wondering if we were euthanizing the wrong group of animals...
    Good to see we have at least one thing in common
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My wife and I just had to put our 12 year old cat down. She was incredibly healthy up until about two months ago and her behavior just shifted dramatically. She started fighting with the other cats and became quite lethargic. We thought maybe her old age was just catching up to her.

Unfortunately, she got even worse two weeks ago. She stopped eating one day, and the next got sick all over herself and didn't clean it up. We rushed her to the vet and he found her to be anemic and her abdomen just riddled with cancer.

The vet was very realistic. He said that we could spend thousands and put her through multiple surgeries to remove the tumors, which would still most likely not save her, or we could put her down. We put her down because she was essentially suffocating to death...something we couldn't bear to watch.

If it had been feasible to do the surgeries and it had a very good chance of saving her, we probably would have.

What Mark said about pets vs. farming for profit makes sense. We would've spent the exorbitant amounts of cash for a pet.
    RaceTownUSA - Indianapolis

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Out of interest, how many of those advocating what is in effect euthanasia for pets also advocate euthanasia for humans? If you believe in the notion of one and not the other, why is this the case?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    That's not a topic for this thread if you want to discuss that please start a new thread.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums