Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daytona 500

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Daytona 500

Some thoughts going into the race:

Some may not like the two car packs, but it's broken up the big giant pack and made it more like it used to be. Only 12 cars were on the lead lap and that was with the free pass rule of today. Tony Stewart had a flat tire late yesterday, and was able to come back because he wasn't buried in the pack. FWIW, I think that's a good thing.

Tires are showing no wear at all. It's not inconceivable that a team could go the distance only changing tires once or twice, or maybe even not at all (although I don't think anyone would ever try that.)

Because of the broken up pack, there will most likely be no "big one", but there might be a lot of little ones, with the difference in closing speeds when drivers have to switch in order to keep their engines cool.

It promises to be an interesting race, I'm ready for it.

Let's go racing boys!
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am picking Kyle Busch to win this race.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Yeah, It's definitely going to be different. I do like the fact that it's more like it used to be. I'm just not so sure that I like the fact you have to rely on someone else to get you to victory lane. That said, that part is not much different than the way it was. Even in the big packs the winner was the one who had the best pusher.

It should be an interesting race.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't figure out what there is to complain about. I really like the racing that is going on. I was never a fan of watching 35 cars in a line for 480 miles then watch who ended up in the most fortunate spot. True, you still need help but it has practically always been that way at Daytona. I think the racing this week has been great and I like the way it brings the past back.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yeah the pushing is the different part. I thought it was strange to hear Dale Jr. complain about not liking it, because to me he was the one to discover it. The first time I remember seeing it was the nationwide race in 2009 in Talladega with Jr. pushing Ryan Newman. The same two hooked up the next day, but moved to soon and Carl Edwards and Keselowski imitated it and ran them down.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    race control says the drivers MUST maintain comm with their own spotter AT ALL TIMES after the cars have pulled out the track
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Looks like Harvick Blew up

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ECR engine up in flames...wonder if that is a sign. I figured those would be the engines to beat today.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I was wrong, there's a big one.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    **** Brian Vickers. There needs to be big penalties for that ****.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!