Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mikey's Truck win

There's no way NASCAR can let that stand. Conspiracy theories aside, his spoiler clearly collapsed before he passed the leader.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Didn't see it, but Congratulations to Mikey!! That means he's now won races in all three divisions.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    There's no way NASCAR can let that stand. Conspiracy theories aside, his spoiler clearly collapsed before he passed the leader.
    Well they did. Actually Nascar has allowed a lot of cars to keep their finish position when things fall off, as long as they don't think the team helped the parts fall off. BUT they never would have taken that win away anyway.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think NASCAR may do what Darrell Waltrip said after the checkered flag: they'll let Michael keep the win, but fine him points and money as a result of his spoiler falling off.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I shut the race off right after the checkered flag. After a few hours of oversaturation of the obnoxious siblings I was all Waltripped out.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There were barely any cars without body parts missing, it was carnage great race and a great move for the lead. It was a good race loved it.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWS
    I think NASCAR may do what Darrell Waltrip said after the checkered flag: they'll let Michael keep the win, but fine him points and money as a result of his spoiler falling off.
    Unfortunately with this new deal, he has no points to take....Mikey was ineligable to recieve truck series points as he is a Cup driver.....
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    Unfortunately with this new deal, he has no points to take....Mikey was ineligable to recieve truck series points as he is a Cup driver.....
    That is one consequence of the new points rules that doesn't seem to have been well thought out. Can't penalize a driver points if they aren't eligible to earn any. They still get owners points, but some of the part time teams aren't running the whole series anyway.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The win should be taken away, having the spoiler fall off like that is the biggest advantage in Nascar for a straightline pass like that, there was less downforce on the car at that point and he passed Sadler like he was standing still, a slingshot move at that point would've been a photo finish, but he basically got another 50HP with the spoiler falling over
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    The win should be taken away, having the spoiler fall off like that is the biggest advantage in Nascar for a straightline pass like that, there was less downforce on the car at that point and he passed Sadler like he was standing still, a slingshot move at that point would've been a photo finish, but he basically got another 50HP with the spoiler falling over
    i dont think a driver should be penalized due to damage to their car/truck during a race, if a driver gains a bit of a commpetive advantage due to damage, then so be it... i say let the race play out as it may, nascar never takes a win away from a driver anyway (atleast not in recent years) even if a rule was violated on purpose, (unless its a rule on the track, such as the yellow line) so why should they take a win away for somthing that wasn't even on purpose?
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion