Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montezemolo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Montezemolo

The Italian doesn't hide his disappointment that 38-year-old Schumacher, who won five consecutive titles for Maranello based Ferrari, decided to hang up his helmet at the end of last year.

Yes, sure. Who pushed him out at Ferrari ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote sourced from AR1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was Michael's own decision to quit, or have I got this totally wrong?
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktory
    It was Michael's own decision to quit, or have I got this totally wrong?

It was not that clear, as far as I can tell. He was pondering the question, but at a certain moment Ferrari (reasonably) needed to make their moves for possible replacements (KR) and they pressured him into a decision. He might have retired anyway, but he was pushed a little by Ferrari's urgencies.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I doubt we will ever truly know for sure the answer to that.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Apparently MS's pr woman Sabine Kehm has written a book bout him and according to it MS first thought seriously about retiring after he got Senna's pole record as he saw testing getting to be too hard on him. He told Todt about his intentions after Bahrain, but team chose to make it public after Monza.

There is a small story about it in Finnish F1 news, sorry for the language:
    http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutise...2007/03/511563

I take no responsibility how accurate the information is, i'm just translating from Finnish.

Edit: there's it in English
    http://www.reuters.com/articlePrint?...10605020070313
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seppefan
    The Italian doesn't hide his disappointment that 38-year-old Schumacher, who won five consecutive titles for Maranello based Ferrari, decided to hang up his helmet at the end of last year.
    Where did you read that ? I have the whole interview under my nose and Montezemolo only said that it's strange and sad to see F1 starting without MS but that's life, that's the sport. It's time to move on, and to prove that Ferrari can also win without Michael. He also said that he's impressed by Massa improvement but he's sure about Kimi's talent and we will see that.He also mentioned that Brown could return to Ferrari but there's not rush about it, because the Team have found a valid substitute. Montezemolo is confident about this season, and he's excited as ever before this Australia GP.
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It looks like Ferrari have done the right thing, after all Schumacher had to retire one day so there's no point in trying to keep him more than it was necessary.

He's gone, thanks for the wonderful job, good luck and life goes on.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchote
    It was not that clear, as far as I can tell. He was pondering the question, but at a certain moment Ferrari (reasonably) needed to make their moves for possible replacements (KR) and they pressured him into a decision. He might have retired anyway, but he was pushed a little by Ferrari's urgencies.
    In my humble opinion that´s the real question of this issue, I think MS idea was decided his future at the end of the season, but he recibed a lot of preassures...
    Ferrari must not forget that MS returned them to the good times afther have being a lot time in his dark years.
    "Brevity is the soul of wit". - Hamlet Quote (Act II, Scene II).

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    The new drivers are just as fast if not faster. Now that Massa gets some attention we will see. Looks to me that dumb ass Peter Sauber had the best of drivers in his stable but was to dumb to hang on to them.

It will be a great test between rak and massa but i want the REDS to kick ass and win every freaking race this year. Give the credit where it belongs ITALY
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"