Thread: Final Test

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts

Final Test

Fairly unlikely to be in Bahrain but I heard talk the other day of it going to Catalunya. Anyway just so happens that I'm flying to Barcelona on the 5th and it's got me wondering if catching the last test day is a possibility.

Sadly I know nothing about it so:

Is it going to be at Catalunya or has it been confirmed somewhere that they won't bother?
    How far is it from the centre of Barcelona to the circuit?
    How easy is it to get their if you're an idiot and want to do things cheaply?
    Would we be able to get access?
    Would it cost anything?
    Is it actually worth the effort?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Is it going to be at Catalunya or has it been confirmed somewhere that they won't bother?
    Not confirmed yet. In fact, we don't even know if the tests and the race will be held at Bahrain or not. But Joe Saward claims that the word at the paddock is that the teams have asked the Circuit de Catalunya about their disponibility.

How far is it from the centre of Barcelona to the circuit?
    It's about 30 minutes from the city by car.

How easy is it to get their if you're an idiot and want to do things cheaply?
    I understand that you can get there by train -that's what a friend told me-, but you should get information about it. However, hitchhiking in Spain is hardly an option.

Would we be able to get access?
    You can enter the circuit after paying a small fee - it 10 € or 15 €, depending on which day you go. But I don't know if you would need to pay more for, let's say, grandstand seats.

Is it actually worth the effort?
    I wouldn't go to a pre-season test, let alone pay for it, because I might find it boring and I wouldn't enjoy spending quite a few hours doing nothing but watch cars go past. Then again, I've never been to a circuit, so you might want to hear someone else's opinion.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    I wouldn't go to a pre-season test, let alone pay for it, because I might find it boring and I wouldn't enjoy spending quite a few hours doing nothing but watch cars go past. Then again, I've never been to a circuit, so you might want to hear someone else's opinion.
    How does that actually differ from a modern day F1 race? Seriously, they're hardly all about overtaking these days. TBH seeing the cars at full speed and hearing them is more what I'm interested in.

Thanks for the info though, it's helped confirm a few of my suspicions that I wanted a second opinion for
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.