Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smeatharpe 2011

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts

Smeatharpe 2011

Thought I'd create a shiny new thread for this.

Saturday sees the first Smeatharpe event of the year, entry list can be found here: http://chelmsfordmc.co.uk/Entry/Kyna.../EntryList.php

Stage info and everything else here: http://shmc.co.uk/2010/kascompetitors.htm

It's the same stuff as usual, minus Steve Furzeland and the obligatory 6R4 which is a shame. Still not sure if I'm going yet, depends on the weather and if I decide to go and look for a new car.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    I expect I will be up there, just depends on what time I finish work in the morning. The entry looks alright, certainly alot better than a couple weeks ago, it should be good to see a Corrolla WRC blasting around the airfield.

Looking at the the map it seems a shame that they have lost the sharp bend that leads onto the straight with the spectator banking, but hopefully this will give access to the service park for speccys.

Well that wernt a bad afternoons entertainment, even if I did manage to turn up just as they were stopping for lunch!! The course car sounded great once they had fixed a problem with the engine not revving past around 6000rpm and there was some nice slides and half spins going on with all the cow sh*t everywhere!

Heres some video I took on my mo-fone..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDmif5lv-Jo

Apparently they only finished the course car on Thursday night, twas the first time he's been out in it.

Quite enjoyed today, there were some moments of excitement earlier on with the slippery surface and quite a few people got a bit lairy going round the barn.

Got plenty of photos but need to sort through them, first time out with a DSLR so was really just a chance to familiarise myself with the camera.

Got a refurbed Canon 450D from ebay with whatever lens comes with the kit (think it's a EF 18-55).

Well it looks like it hasnt taken you long to get the hang of it, great shots

The ability to just keep shooting is something that really helps, it's almost like cheating I'm used to taking one photo for each car, my old camera could never process things quick enough and also had an LCD viewfinder so would go blank as soon as you took a photo. With the SLR you get a quick closing of the shutter and then can take another picture straight away, to me that's just an amazing luxury. Lots of photos deleted though, I must have deleted a hundred through the day at least, and then went through the card on the computer 3 seperate times and deleted a whole load more each time.

Another Smeatharpe this weekend, the Three Counties organised by Bournemouth & District Car Club (they put on some good events, do their sprints at Clay Pigeon and always well run and nicely relaxed).

Entry list online here: http://www.bdcc.org.uk/tcs201125thjuneseeded.pdf

It's the usual stuff, Furzeland in the S8 and Martin England in the Evo will probably be the frontrunners, no doubt chased hard by Mark Ellis as he's usually quick there. Looking forward to it, can't remember the last rally I went to

Looking forward to any pics or vids as il be busy trying to play golf on sunday lol