Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WSBK 2011 Predictions

So before the first round starts, just thought i'd get your predictions on
    A: who u tip for success at philip island and
    B: Who will take the title ..

I think last season the RSV4 was leaps and bounds ahead of the rest, but this season i think its more even. Laverty i think will have consistent podiums, as will Melandri if his shoulder doesn't play up. Checa will be there or there abouts. Im not really a fan of Biaggi but im guessing he'll be right up there. I wonder how fabrizio will do ... he's amazingly fast when properly on it, and agressive!

Prediction

1.Rea
    2.Biaggi
    3.Checa
    4.Laverty
    5.Haslam(based on the bmw only)
    6.Melandri
    7.Sykes
    8.Fabrizio
    9.Toseland
    10.Corser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Checa is going to be strong all year and do not doubt Ducati's support, they want him their bike up front.

Rea will have his best season to date. Haslam should be quick in the back end of 2011, but maybe the early part of the season may hold him back.

Gene Laverty is a real threat for the championship.

The sleeper in the pack in my opinion is Tom Sykes, if that Kwaka comes out of the box fast each weekend he is going to up the pointy end. Its a real shame that Chris V is still injured.

Max has to be favourite based on last season and his domination in the second half of the year.

Bring it ON!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's incredibly difficult to predict anything for world superbike this year, the field, on paper, appears very close.

Ducati, Aprilia, Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha should all remain very strong. BMW ought to improve with further development and a stronger rider lineup. Kawasaki appear serious with their new ZX10R and should be their most competitive for a long while. My top 3 is:

1. Jonathon Rea
    2. Max Biaggi
    3. Marco Melandri

Checa is the strong 'outsider' for the title and after his P.I. testing should probably be regarded favourite. I think Lascorz will give Laverty a run for rookie of the year and we'll see all the manufacturers strongly vying for top 5's. 2011 is gonna be great!
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Actually, Marco Melandri is a rookie so I think he'll win rookie of the year. Then Laverty and Lascorz.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i know its just testing but Leon Haslam was really struggling to find a decent setup with the BMW and i think it could be like this a lot at most rounds.
    Yes obv Biaggi is good but if he was on any other bike he would not have won the championship. the rsv4 was practically made for him.

Wont be surprised if Checa takes the double at PI after that unbelievable testing. Just 0.4 slower than Casey stoner's 2010 pole time!! i mean come on thats just crazy when you think how much different a wsb machine is to a motogp prototype. It wont be like that all year though, the duke will defo struggle in places.

Rea is a fighter and even after that 130mph crash he'll be on the podium i reckon, followed closely by Laverty. Just watch out for Lascorz aswell, seriously impressed with his testing times. Melandri i think will be up the sharp end in Race 1, possible podium.. Race 2 the shoulder might give him agro.

Cant bloomin wait for the weekend now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

gess

Biaggi
    Laverty
    Rea

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Checa and Ducati is the combination to watch out for but at the same time Max Biaggi seems to be in bad form which will keep competition wide open .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysmith
    Checa and Ducati is the combination to watch out for but at the same time Max Biaggi seems to be in bad form which will keep competition wide open .
    Biaggi seems to be on bad form ? your kidding, right ?
    His bike is a quite a bit faster than the competition on the straights though ..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Max was a cool as in the paddock at Supers. He was wondering about like he had no cares at all..