Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Welcome to the Motorsport History Forum - How to post

As a bit of an experiment.

We've already had History & Nostalgia forums for Rallying and for F1 but I've decided to broaden it out a little and have a dedicated forum for the history of all types of motorsport.

Threads posted in this forum can optionally be set to appear in the main forum for the motorsport concerned. e.g. Threads prefixed with 'F1' will appear in the Formula 1 forum. When you post a thread you'll be given the option of what forum you want the thread to appear in.

Note that the tags are just for choosing which forum to appear in, I'm fully aware that e.g. if you wanted to post on the history of CART an IndyCar tag may not seem accurate but it only refers to the forum you would like it to appear in.

Post here if you have any questions!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This seems like a great idea. Can we use it to request information and share resources as well?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Is there a way I can copy existing threads to here and still have them in Nascar or am I just limited to moving them here (since they already exist)?
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I like it. A natural extension of the F1-only "History and Nostalgia"
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    Is there a way I can copy existing threads to here and still have them in Nascar or am I just limited to moving them here (since they already exist)?
    Yes. As a mod you can move them here. Then choose to edit thread and choose the prefix to NASCAR then they will reappear in the NASCAR forum. The idea is that those interested in history can find it all here but those just visiting the individual forums won't miss the threads either.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    This seems like a great idea. Can we use it to request information and share resources as well?
    I can't speak for Mark, but one can hope that is what will happen here.

Although automobile racing history is a niche even within the realm of automotive history, in the past two decades much has happened within that discipline, part of it due to the presence of the internet and the Web. A sizable portion of what many have accepted as automobile racing "history" is, in reality, more a matter of legend and myth than reality. Although we have fallen well short of the mark, there has actually been some good work to emerge from a forum or two that discussed and dug into several issues. There is a tendency by many of these fora not to view automobile racing history as a historian would, which is understandable, of course. That does not mind, however, that one cannot become "history-minded" and look at the past through a different lens tha one might ordinarily might use.

At any rate, thanks to Mark for taking this step forward and the hopes that it leads to the sort of discussion that may be useful to others.
    Popular memory is not history.... -- Gordon Wood

Uaauuuu es raro pero mola aixo!

Then choose to edit thread and choose the prefix to NASCAR then they will reappear in the NASCAR forum.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you very much for sharing this awesome post with us. https://cardsactivation.net/chase-cr...rd-activation/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is a great idea. Looking forward question and give answers about F1. Chase.com verifycard